Google start page large text?

Soldato
LOL, I thought the text size had changed too when I fired up my PC this morning, thought I had managed to do it myself with the CTRL key and the mouse scroll wheel.

Glad to see I'm not just seeing things!!

Oh and yeah, I'm not keen on the new size either. :p

Exactly what I thought. I thought maybe my eyes had improved in my sleep. I guess not. :(

Caporegime
Because on a smaller screen (such as a laptop), you can no longer see the entire search string without having to move your field of view.

I used to be able to "see" what I was typing, and what the suggestions were, now I have to visually "read" the screen, a physical movement of the eyes or head from left to right.

... seriously ? is moving your eyes that much of a problem ? :(

Soldato
I really don't get the big deal. They've made a text box bigger, on a page that has nothing else on it. It's completely inconsequential. How can bigger text possibly be a problem?

Associate
I know it is pretty much a non-factor but I cannot stand it. Just got a 22" monitor and now sites are blowing up, shouldn't have bothered:D:p:p:p

Man of Honour
Because it is gay, over bloated, and pointless?

I think you're mistaking it for Yahoo homepage....or maybe it's because you only saw the default un-customised layout and instantly closed it after mumbling "gay tbh"?

iGoogle.png

A whole day's worth of current affairs on one page, /my/ morning newspaper.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cluttered, if you say so.

Have fun tabbing through tens of sources. This way it's whizz easy, if a headline grabs attention then simply click maximise or click on the link to go to source. No messing around, instant loading and more productive.

Soldato
The only real "complaint" I have with this is the fact it was without warning and I spent a few minutes trying to adjust the zoom settings on my browser. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
i don't like it. the larger text is also on the search pages. i don't like it because the text is as large as the actual google logo now :(

Back
Top Bottom