Google today

Caporegime
As long as they keep an option to have the original, then it's fine. I'm liking it so far though. :D

vegasgoogle.jpg

mountainsgoogle.jpg

lagoogle.jpg

skygoogle.jpg

Soldato
I have to say Google have done a couple of things lately that are making me want another search engine.

This image thing is rather pointless and looks ugly imo, especially as it stutters as it fades in, it just looks ****!

Associate
It's something I like about Bing but Google have done this completetly wrong.

On Bing the image is not fullscreen and always looks less garish than what Google have done.

Also, it is incredibly laggy, that fade effect is just a no go for me.

Some of the pictures shown above have readibility levels of websites in the 90's.

Good it's only for one aday then.

Caporegime
Why not just click the "Remove background image" button? :p

Or do some of you not have an option of whether to have it and what to pick? :confused:

Either way I like it (although I rarely use the homepage, I just search using the address bar...), something I really like with Bing (not that I use it...). Just a shame it takes so long to "load" up.

lcg

lcg

Associate
Has it finally gone???
Yes, they received complaints and consequently removed it.

A quick search of Twitter earlier today showed that the majority of people disliked the change and preferred the classic Google. Many were unhappy about being forced to see a custom background instead of opting in for the feature. Mayer commented on the removal of default search backgrounds, "there was supposed to be a link explaining what was going on (one day, etc.), due to a bug it wasn't showing." Both Mayer and Google acted quickly to the mounting criticism and axed the change.

Back
Top Bottom