** GORGEOUS NEW LG 4K MONITOR - LG 27GN950-B PRE-ORDER NOW **

R3X

R3X

Soldato
This is quite informative...

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/the-4k-uhd-3840-x-2160-experience/

They liked running 125% desktop scaling when running at UHD resolution on a 28” monitor. They also mention that many apps have been updated to take scaling into account.

I run 4K 28inch here with 300% scaling in windows 10, not really seen too many issues with websites or software but you do get it usually not an issue you can set zoom in browsers or a 2nd browser like chrome to display it if your other main browser fails. Don't game either.

I prefer large fonts, icons and large text and low brightness/contrast or nightlight mode it reduces headaches, eye aches, tiredness etc

Associate
Searched YouTube on 4k size issues and this was the first one I found...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OusqUOlaSNM

Probably tons of others dealing with the same thing.
I have been using a 4k monitor for 5 years plus and at first it was a bit if a issue but since Windows 10 added the screen scailing option to the display settings page its no longer a issue

Associate
Stock for this thing has been poor across the country. Have followed this closely and competitors seem to have had extremely low stock numbers soft the last moth or so.

Associate
Still the same ETA. Nothing's changed.

Thanks @NikTheSHNIK

Cant wait will be nice to finally go from 5-6 years of 4k 60hz to 144hz especially as graphics cards finally seem to make that viable now

Shame my 3080 prob wont be here till after the monitor and I sold my 1080ti to help fund these upgrades

My back up gtx 660 just keeps it so I can surf the web and watch shows for the meanwhile

Last edited:
Associate
Spent most of last night watching reviews for this monitor and seems like a awesome bit of kit (even if they have removed the 160hz oc mode from what it seems, 144hz is plenty enough anyway) just sold my corsair LS100 kit to a buddy because I don't need it no more as this has ambient backlighting built in :)

Soldato
Needs to be 32” with better contrast, then I’m interested.

Agreed. 27" is just too small for 4K, and once you have experienced 32", you can't go smaller.

Such monitors are coming, but not until Q1 2021.

I really wouldn't hold out much hope for any IPS monitor to improve on contrast though. Will always be inherent to the tech. VA does a better job, but at the expense of very noticeable gamma shift and other issues.

Soldato
There’s always the ASUS PG43UQ https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-Swift-PG43UQ/

43” 4K 144hz only thing is that it’s £ 1295.99 that’s £ 547 more than the LG 27GN950-B

The 43" monitors have a host of issues. I've tried two and really didn't get on with them. For productivity, forget it. VA is terrible in this regard. And when it comes to gaming, blacks are nice, but the ghosting and smearing is evident. Some people seem more sensitive than others to this though.

Back
Top Bottom