got a corsa 1.2 16v..tuning advice?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16664982 said:
Hi mate,

Ignore all these haters, they are just jealous. There are quite a few things you can do to liven up your hot hatch. Firstly I'd consider something like a Catback exhuast system from somewhere like Powerflow. This will make it sound pretty good and also free up at least 7bhp. Pair it with a K&N air filter for an extra 5bhp, and a remap, and you are up to 85bhp already. You can also get power resistors from Ebay which alter the fuelling and are good for another 10bhp, so now we are at 95bhp which in a car as light and agile as the Corsa is really pretty damn good.

You'll want to uprate the wheels and suspension to handle the new power, though, so I'd pick up a full adjustable coilover kit from Ebay, cost you about 200 quid tops. Also you'll need some bigger wheels so you can fit bigger tyres. You can get a 17" wheel and tyre package with some quality tyres such as Triangle Performance or some Ceat Tornados (CEAT are awesome, they are really just rebadged Pirellli's) for about 300 quid.

Somebody else on this forum has done a similar thing and he acheived great results, here is his car:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16635891&postcount=6601

Good luck and dont let the jealous haters hiding behind PC screens put you off.

Not everyone can afford a Ferrari or an Audi A4 2.0 TDI S-Line.

Post of the Year, surely? :D

Associate
It's 16v - OMG you can do almost endless modifications now !

P.S
If it were a diesel you could chip it ;)

I once had a hair dryer car such as yours and wanted to pimp it up to get my fair share of pu$$y - every girl i have had couldnt give their tuppence whether it was 1.2 16v / 4.2 v8 etc just whether it was 'a nice blue' or 'ohh i can put my handbag here!!!'
Basically get some excellent tyres on it and get it as clean as you can - leave it respectable and spend the money on yourself or learn the beauty of compounding interest and get a proper set of wheels at a later date.

Soldato
I once had a hair dryer car such as yours and wanted to pimp it up to get my fair share of pu$$y - every girl i have had couldnt give their tuppence whether it was 1.2 16v / 4.2 v8 etc just whether it was 'a nice blue' or 'ohh i can put my handbag here!!!'
Basically get some excellent tyres on it and get it as clean as you can - leave it respectable and spend the money on yourself or learn the beauty of compounding interest and get a proper set of wheels at a later date.

What's with this silly misconception that men modify their cars solely to impress the members of the opposite sex?

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;16664982 said:
Hi mate,

Ignore all these haters, they are just jealous. There are quite a few things you can do to liven up your hot hatch. Firstly I'd consider something like a Catback exhuast system from somewhere like Powerflow. This will make it sound pretty good and also free up at least 7bhp. Pair it with a K&N air filter for an extra 5bhp, and a remap, and you are up to 85bhp already. You can also get power resistors from Ebay which alter the fuelling and are good for another 10bhp, so now we are at 95bhp which in a car as light and agile as the Corsa is really pretty damn good.

You'll want to uprate the wheels and suspension to handle the new power, though, so I'd pick up a full adjustable coilover kit from Ebay, cost you about 200 quid tops. Also you'll need some bigger wheels so you can fit bigger tyres. You can get a 17" wheel and tyre package with some quality tyres such as Triangle Performance or some Ceat Tornados (CEAT are awesome, they are really just rebadged Pirellli's) for about 300 quid.

Somebody else on this forum has done a similar thing and he acheived great results, here is his car:

:D:D:D

Soldato
OP,

All the joking aside, essentially there is nothing you can do.

As said, keep the car as original, tidy and well serviced as you can and make the choice for a car with more power next time.

For all the money you'll spend on mods and insurance premiums that you'll declare, you could be well on the way with savings for you next car.

I once owned a 1.7 Corsa C Dti and would have liked more, but be realistic. It's designed for economy and low insurance. Take it for what it is.

Soldato
Redtop C20XE in it TBH.

[TW]Fox;16664982 said:
Hi mate,

:D

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16664982 said:
Hi mate,

BIG UP! :cool:

Atleast get it right...18's :p

Back
Top Bottom