got a corsa 1.2 16v..tuning advice?

Associate
yeah I would not bother "tuning" it as you won't get much of a turn around in performance for what you spend, that car was never really intended to be a fast car. Maybe just spend money on upgrading the audio (that doesn't mean two big subs in the boot).

Soldato
Your pretty much right the corsa 1.2 sxi (twinport and non twinport) is about as bad as a corsa gets, there is a 1.4 90 bhp version which is an SXI twinport. The daddy of corsa land is a 148bhp 1.8l corsa SRI (well this is the case for the corsa C anyway).

Seen as I own a 1.4 sxi amoung other cars, I am in a good position to say, you mod it you are a fool! I mean who wants to go around promoting the fact that they are driving a chaved up corsa?

Try 123hp? ;)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16664982 said:
with some quality tyres such as Triangle Performance

Triangle make the BEST TYRES EVER, the compound is so hard that your tread will be legal for at least 10 years, they also give your ABS a really good workout while you're sliding down the road after gently tapping the brake pedal.

Associate
[TW]Fox;16664982 said:
Good luck and dont let the jealous haters hiding behind PC screens put you off.
:D

4r5kxz.jpg

Soldato
Great, a new Two Black Lines thread and a guy asking how to make his 1.2 Corsa go quicker in one day. Vintage motors.

In case you're wondering there are only two ways to substantially increase in the real world performance of a 1.2 Corsa.

Method 1, Visit barryboys.co.uk and ask their advice. They know a lot more about Corsas then we do.

Method 2, Your Corsa needs dropping, from a tall building.

Soldato
Try to avoid uphill climbs and put the pedal down hard when going down hill....

Other than that... possibly a sail on the roof? Need to consult Barryboys as said above, somebody on there is bound to have done such a mod!

Soldato
I suppose with the right amount of time, knowledge and space even a Corsa C could be "tuned" into something interesting. A bigger engine, LSD, big brakes, decent suspension, weight loss and a set of R888s is a recipe for win no matter what car you begin with, a Corsa is no exception.

Soldato
Like I said earlier, I don't necessarily believe that he should just see his car and buy the model up but if he is going to modify, go big or go home.

Soldato
It's a shame that cars require so much attention and money to make them go a tiny little bit faster, with a moped you spend 50-100 euros and it'll go 50+ mph ( near double the original speed).
/wishes significant gains in power can be had for under 500.

The best way I think to make it go faster, is ( saving up a while and) buying a faster car.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom