Got a new car (also recommend me some ICE)

Soldato
saitrix said:

£340 here with free pnp

As for JVC, their top line stuff is pretty good. I wouldn't spent a large part of your budget on a headunit, however, obviously don't get anything cheap.

As for the the link I've posted, you can get that along with the amp/sub/kit deal I posted. Make sure you ask to upgrade to the 4 channel amp too. And then get a set of comps (£65). You are slightly over budget at around £560 but you got one hell of a head unit. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I won't be needing an amp or sub as I've got a Vibe 10" 300W one with built in amp so thats that covered, will just have to get speakers and head unit, will look into some of your head unit suggestions though and see what takes my fancy, with the speakers I just take out the old speaker and connect the new ones to the existing wires?

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
I won't be needing an amp or sub as I've got a Vibe 10" 300W one with built in amp so thats that covered, will just have to get speakers and head unit, will look into some of your head unit suggestions though and see what takes my fancy, with the speakers I just take out the old speaker and connect the new ones to the existing wires?

Yep. Do you want to run the speakers of the head unit or amp?

So am I right in thinking you want to spent £500 on a HU and a set of front speakers?

Soldato
OP
triggerthat said:
Yep. Do you want to run the speakers of the head unit or amp?

So am I right in thinking you want to spent £500 on a HU and a set of front speakers?

That was a typo actually lol, that was my budget including car insurance :o so only looking to spend about £300-£350 on head unit and front and rear speakers.

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
That was a typo actually lol, that was my budget including car insurance :o so only looking to spend about £300-£350 on head unit and front and rear speakers.

Ok first of all don't buy rear speaker, there is no point. Spend the £300-350 on a HU, 2 channel amp and front componant speakers.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4503.html

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2858.html

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3829.html

Something like that. :)

Soldato
OP
I saw that Pioneer head unit in Halfords, didn't think much of it really, my last head unit was a Pioneer and I thought it was great but that one didn't do anything for me, was thinking about that JVC one in the link I posted earlier, think that looks good.

Will probably go for the Infinity speakers once I work out what size I need to get and if I can get an adapter.

Caporegime
Just wanted to say that Sirrel took me out for a spin in the car last night and it really was a fun drive.

Its sounds meaty, pretty quick, really liked it :D and its in superb condition

Back
Top Bottom