Got an Akasa system blower - well surprised

Associate
I felt the air under my 8800GTX and it was well warm so yesterday I picked up one of these Akasa system blowers for 3 quid and put it 2 pci slots under my card.
Very surprised by the result as its knocked 10 degrees c off my GPU temp and the air coming out from it is well warm.
Not a bad investment for keeping a 400 quid card cooler

Associate
OP
No, I thought it would be but the noise levels seem the same the same to me.

Here are the specs for it:

Application System cooler
Fan dimension 90.5 x 100 x 22mm
Fan speed 2000 R.P.M.
Fan airflow 35.12 CFM
Fan air pressure 1.85mm H20
Fan life expectancy 30000/hrs
Voltage rating 12V
Connector 4-pin
Noise level 25.24 dB(A)
Product code AK-SB-BL

The noise level is about the same as a normal case fan.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
I think I'll get one. I can't watercool my new x1950 Pro due to it's VRM (I think) needing active cooling, and it's dumping quite a lot of hot air into my case.

Man of Honour
They aint too loud tbh, certainly not quiet but not any louder than a gpu cooler. I had one to cool my GTX but I needed the spare slot so had to sell mine.

Soldato
LLBDTiberio said:
I think i'm going to get one too, been looking at different cooling solutions for my V1000PLUSII and the GPU coolers i've seen out there don't seem to fit.

Hi,

I know that you must be very tempted to slap a load of extra fan capacity into your gorgeous new V1000B+ II but could I just caution you to try it out as it comes first?

A huge amount of thought has been put into designing the airflow in that case and it actually works very, very well just as it is. Try it? You can always slap one of these Akasa doohickies in there if it doesn't stay cool enough for you ;)

Associate
I was thinking about that WJA and you're most likely correct ;) .
When my new system has finally been put together i'll see what I can do regarding cooling, even though I might pick up some scythe fans and a fan controller for the case :p .

Cob

Cob

Soldato
I got mine last week and it's helped a bit with my case temps. The air it's pushing out is definitely very warm, but it is sitting right below my graphics card.

It's cheap, pretty quiet and doesn't do any harm.

Tho I will be dispensing with it once there's a decent waterblock for the X1950 Pro.

Associate
This is what I've done

Excuse the messy cables. :o

Seems to work though, at 400+ fsb the northbridge was getting very hot so I decided to improvise a little, but the akasa actually seems to help reduce the CPU temp as well.

E6600@3200 34/35 idle 52/53 load (in TAT). Suprisingly its not very noisy either (10 fans in all!), although the one fan that is a little noisy is in the PSU :( .

Back
Top Bottom