Got caliper clearance??

Associate
Yeh each to their own, I imagine it's been one of those projects that started small but ended up in 20k of expenditure. If it was my money though I'd have spent 10k on a more appropriate car to start with and the rest of the money preparing it/running it. But thats just me :)

OK then thanks.

Great come back. :)

Man of Honour
track weapon or not it still started out as a nova. You'd have been better spending the money on a car that was a good hot hatch to start with

unless he got the car for free or something ?
The Nova was a good hot hatch to start with :/

EDIT - regardless of the whether people agree with the above, when you take "tuning" to this sort of level the actual base chassis used becomes almost a non-issue. As long as it is relatively light and not a horrific pig of a shell design it doesn't matter that much what you use as a base.

Last edited:
Caporegime
i suppose once you've fitted a C20LET and fully adjustable suspension etc.. theres not much nova left. And dont get me wrong, the nova was a good hatch for its day, but with the ammount he's probably spent on that he could have started off with something newer.

Permabanned
Whereas your contributions this evening have of course been of the highest quality.

Oh wait.. :rolleyes:

and yours?

whooptie doo.

i'd like a video, and doubt the power spouted but appreciate the work. less vaux now than anything, and at the end of the day a clean shell is a clean shell. (it don't look that clean)

Permabanned
Explain? You think those brakes are a good idea?

wasn't talking about the brakes really, more the car as a whole. I wouldn't be chuffed with so little clearance even a couple of mill moren would make it ok for my liking, but if he is well bully for him! :)

it does look there has been scoring.

Soldato
Soldato
I see I have an admirer, here have a cookie :D

and your contribution to the thread?

do you like the nova or not?

As other people have said - I'm sure it's got plenty of speed, but at the end of the day, it's only worth having spent £20k on if you have a nova fetish; for performance, he'd have done much better buying a faster car to begin with and modifying that. And I don't know enough about brakes to comment on that specifically.

Permabanned
As other people have said - I'm sure it's got plenty of speed, but at the end of the day, it's only worth having spent £20k on if you have a nova fetish; for performance, he'd have done much better buying a faster car to begin with and modifying that. And I don't know enough about brakes to comment on that specifically.

amazing :p

I wouldn't either, but really who gives a ****?

Permabanned
wasn't talking about the brakes really, more the car as a whole. I wouldn't be chuffed with so little clearance even a couple of mill moren would make it ok for my liking, but if he is well bully for him! :)

it does look there has been scoring.

Pretty much all of the comments have been about the brakes, which were the moronic ones apart from a couple?

Man of Honour
fair play to the guy, bet it's like a little missile

more brakes = better ?, surely anyone who argues with this fact is talking rubbish ;)

looking at the way that thing has been put together I'd hazzard a guess he knows more about engineering than most of us here.. I think he knows he's pushing on the clearance, but obviously decided it was worth the benefits the calipers gave him

edit: I'd guess this stripped out nova with that engine / running gear would show anyones cars here a clean pair of heels anywhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
More brakes = better right up to a point.

Aside from heat issues as long as the brakes can apply enough braking force anything beyond that is pointless.

I would dare say that "lesser" brakes with money directed to a great cooling setup would prove more useful.

Permabanned
More brakes = better right up to a point.

Aside from heat issues as long as the brakes can apply enough braking force anything beyond that is pointless.

I would dare say that "lesser" brakes with money directed to a great cooling setup would prove more useful.

braking is limited to tyre grip. you get to a point where more is a bit pointless, depending on application.

Soldato
Loving that :cool:, been with some of the Nova and Metro boys at track days and they are quicker than you'd expect.

Though I'd personally lose the 8pots and have Wilwood Dynalites or other 4pots at the front, there's no way the 8s are needed.

Back
Top Bottom