1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my practical test tomorrow (tuesday)

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Matthew-1985, 6 Feb 2006.

1. Matthew-1985

Soldato

Got my practical test tomorrow. Wish me luck everyone. :D :cool:

Anyone got any last minute tips/advice?

2. Ultra_Extreme

Perma Banned

Good luck m8, go slow, but not too slow, check your mirrors a lot, but not too much. Be careful, but not to the point of holding up traffic. and most importantly, dont fart!

3. cleanbluesky

Capodecina

Yeah, remember to pass. And have some luck...

4. fonzee

Soldato

not too slow tho... as i failed for that - keep just under the limit on 30 roads etc... good luck!

5. Mackass

Wise Guy

Yes, try not to hold up traffic by going too slowly. I failed for doing 45-50 on a NSL road, instant fail.

6. rG-tom

Sgarrista

just relax, even if you do something wrong, stay calm and correct it, then forget it ever happened. I was worried about my test, passed last thursday first time with 2 minors :) You'll be fine mate.

Tom.

7. Matthew-1985

Soldato

Thanks guys. :D My test is at 10.14am (anyone know why they use stupid times like that?).

I'll be back by about 11.15 so I'll let you all know then. Hopefully it will be good news. :D :cool:

8. MrMatteh

Wise Guy

I got a minor for 28 in a 30, too fast.
    So a good judgement is needed :)

9. Matthew-1985

Soldato

Failed. :(

Got a serious on the A14 when I passed a car pulling in to a parking space. He said I went past it to fast. :confused:

Rebooked another one so hopefully it'll be second time lucky. :D

10. Ultra_Extreme

Perma Banned

Doh, unlucky m8. Stick at it tho, i made the mistake of continually giving up and it musta cost me about £3k over 4 years to eventually pass! That fail is a typical first test fail, type of thing almost everyone does. Just focus on your lessons and youll have it in a few weeks when ure next test comes thru!

11. lukechad

Sgarrista

Shame :( Its not the end of the world, you have already re-booked which is a good thing :)

I would advise that you keep taking lessons until your next test, a mate of mine didnt take any more lessons between tests and failed 3 times, it was only when he had a few more that he finally passed :)

12. gord

Capodecina

First times eh. I failed first time too.. gutted as i thought id done ok. But apparently he felt i was out of control on a smaller roundabout. In my defense, we were under the speed limit and all four wheels were on the floor with no one around and we finished the exam.. so i didnt really see/nor want to see the problem at the time.

Second time. I thought id made loads of big mistakes but id just made loads of little ones. Still passed :)

Good luck dude. Keep at it.

13. sunky

PermaBanned

yea, pass it or die boarding a bus

to be serious, try to pay great attention to when/how u change gear especially in sharp corner, i mean, press ya brake for a lil while b4 entering a sharp corner

14. Mackass

Wise Guy

Unlucky mate. It's best to get another lesson in as soon as you can and work on those mistakes. Don't think of it as a fail, but more of a learning curve. :)