Got pulled by the fuzz!? What for...? Read on....

Soldato
My Dad got pulled over ages ago in his Cosworth only grey Sierra.. copper just wanted to know how it was that colour if it wasn't a Cosworth.. good use of Police resources :)

Associate
I've been pulled over quite a bit since getting a Golf GTI.

Two that stand out the most :

Im driving home at 4am on a sunday. Come up behind some disgusting crappy peugeot rust bucket doing about 10mph in a 30. Gave it 30 seconds and then i changed into the left lane and booted it up to 30ish until i got to the lights a little ahead. I had my tunes cranked up to the max and im sitting there waiting for the lights to go and i notice the nobhead next to me is reaching out to nock on my passenger window. He flashes a badge and said hes a police officer (off duty of course) and said i should slow down and not undertake? I nod and agree ... thats that i thought, lights go green and again i boot it up to 30 pretty damn quickly... until i get to the next lights. Next thing a woman in a proper police car pulls up and nocks on my window. She tells me to slow down.... i told her i was going slow... she mumbled something i dunno i wasnt listening :) Since i was abiding by the law i went on my way....

Another time soon after i got my car chipped and extremely happy with it... i noticed some old crappy astra police car that seemed to be following me for maybe 1-2 miles. On a roundabout its behind me... so plodding along onto a motorway onramp at which point i put my foot down and go right up to 70 ish.... fairly empty motorway, change lanes into the fast lane. The astra was long gone, as i was getting onto the motorway he had barely even started going, so by the time i was in the fast lane he couldnt see me. Seeing as it was a clear day and pretty empty i gave it some welly into three figures until the next junction and then settled into a 60 where the speed cameras start to appear. (on the m4 heading into town if anyone knows it)

Anyway maybe 10 minutes later that astra comes up behind me and signals me to pull over :) Suffice to say i denied everything and told him i was sticking to the speed limit :)

I know i know... i was asking for it... but i am a good driver and keep to sane speeds pretty much all the time, he couldnt say much :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been pulled over once and stopped once.

The first time I went through a red light and looked in my rear view mirror and saw an ordinary patrol car. He follows me and pulls me over in the bus stop and asks for my details. I didn't have any ID, just my pay slip with my name on. He said I'd be getting 3 points and a fine but I've heard nothing of it and didn't get a producer either. He was a friendly cop. :)

The 2nd time I was teaching a friend to drive in an large empty car park late at night and a blue Skoda Favorit pulls up alongside and the bloke shows me his badge and says, "Hampshire Police. What are you up to?"

I just say i'm teaching my friend to drive and he says something along the lines of - I could give you a ticket right now but i'm going to let you off so please swap seats and be on your way - top bloke, I think he was probably just ordinary plain clothed officer like CID or something.

At my first accident the Police were called to the scene and asked me what happened blah blah, I told them I was doing 70 - whoops, didn't think, was still a bit shocked - and he says you do know it's a 60 don't you. Cue me saying yeah I know, i'm sorry. Then he says we're not going to take any further action blah blah blah, you could have been killed if you went into the trees on the opposite side of the road (boy do I know it :p).

Good cops, sat in the front seat of his Octavia....hey, they have a wicked button called "Air Horn" :D He says with the sirens on people move out of the way but when you press that EVERYONE moves out of the way! :D

Another top bloke. They're very friendly if you're polite to them and honest, you don't even need to brown nose them lol.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
The MG actually looks like a sports car though :p

No it doesn't, it looks like a saloon with a bodykit.

Which is no bad thing, I quite like the look of them.

Associate
Beepcake said:
No it doesn't, it looks like a crap rover that's driven through halfords covered in glue :p

MG ZT is a quality car. My dad has got the V8 version, its spunky and with a few mods its bumped up the BHP quite a bit.

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
For crying out loud the MG Z cars are far more than Rovers with stick on tat

I do get a little frustrated when everyone keeps saying this
I know what you mean, it's like the VX Monaro and people calling it a Holden to comfort themselves :confused:.

Soldato
Enfield said:
I get frustrated when threads go off topic all the bloody time and we end up talking about mondeos or HGF's and rovers! :mad:

lol that's the funniest post you've ever made, only because its true mind you! :p

Man of Honour
tickle me elmo said:
its a boring old repmobile, police wont give a monkies about it.

As is a Rover 75, end of.

Do you actually have a point are you posting in this thread purely to wind me up? :)

Soldato
Nozzer said:
Good man for taking it on the chin and not moaning about police harassment like most of these threads do.

I've never been pulled over (in one of my own cars anyway) either.

It might come as a shock but some people do get treated unfairly when they are pulled over....

james.miller said:
you should have seen it coming tbh......

and you never answered if im the one :(

OP - Just think yourself lucky, this poor young lad in a very old car got one car in front and two behind him....they were armed police shouting at him to raise his hands, get out and get on the floor, obviously he listened. They made a mistake( :rolleyes: ) funniest bit was "Sorry wrong guy" lol

Back
Top Bottom