Got pulled by the fuzz!? What for...? Read on....

Soldato
Stopped once (for accelerating too quickly - I wouldn't mind but I was driving normally and my top speed was 25 (it was a 30 limit)). Followed me most of the way home once too, pulled out behind me from a lay by on a country road and followed me all the way to where the Police area changed and then doubled back on themselves. Never did understand that last one, didn't understand why they just didn't pull me over.

Associate
[TW]Fox said:
As is a Rover 75, end of.

Do you actually have a point are you posting in this thread purely to wind me up? :)

hehe, I like it when other people wind up Fox. It's like farting in bed with your girlfriend and her thinking its the dog. You get the relief, whilst the dog takes what’s surely going to be a barrage of grief :p

Permabanned
Ive been pulled over 3 times, that I can remember. Twice by beat bobbies who both said complete garbage, and once by a traffic cop.

1) Ford Fiesta 1.25 (About 6 months after passing!)

Doing 40 in a 30, Policeman accused me of doing 60 *sigh*. His justification was because he saw me overtake someone after coming off a roundabout and that he had to do 80mph to catch up with me. I was thinking hummm, but I played the game and the policeman was "ok". I was breathalised and no further action was taken after a quick vehicle check. This was at around 3am, coming back from Rileys in Derby.

2) Seat Leon 1.9 TDI

Second time was doing 60, on a short stretch of duel carridgeway that was labelled a 40. Again early in the morning, around 1-2am. I was pulled over by 2 female beat bobbies. Now fair cop I was doing 60 HOWEVER...

They pulled me over on the dual carridgeway, I only stopped because it looked like she was really angry in the rear view mirror. When she got out I asked (when she came to the window), if she wanted me to just move around the corner. She didnt reply and asked me to go and sit in her car.

I immediatly apologised for going at 60mph, and that I had no excuse. Both the cops were going red in the face, and looked really angry. Saying I was so lucky they couldnt do anything about the speeding. So instead they attacked me with random questions for about 10min. I answered them all promptly and provided evidence to all the questions. Which seemed to make them even angrier.

The checks came back fine, and we sat in silence for another 10min or so, with them both staring ahead in the front chewing really loudly. Had another random rant at me like a rubbish mother, and then asked about why am I driving a company car at night, and I was like... because I pay enough tax on it. (Was getting annoyed at this point). They said ok, on your way another quick lecture repeating loads of stuff then I got out the car.

Then they drove off. This made me so angry. Remember we are on a dual carridgeway at 1-2am, and I was just standing in the inside lane. (No hard shoulder), I really would have appreciated them sitting there and waiting for me to drive off. Sums up that normal beat bobbies seem to have little or no understanding for traffic offences, and a lack of common sense when it comes to road policing.

3) Vauxhall Omega 2.5 V6

No story to tell, This time I was pulled on the motorway, and I was pushing 85 GPS. Policeman pulled me over, and he was a really decent chap. Talked to him for a few minutes and he let me on my way. I ate humble pie :p.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I do take some resentment to the ZT comments (especially from BMW drivers considering in the main they are BMWs), especially mine, the diesel which BMW made forced restricitions upon becuase it would have been better than their own E46! (PS, ZT 260 absolutely ROCKs and can easily see 350 odd bhp, and then some!)

Other Rovers.........fire away!

Suspended
zain said:
It might come as a shock but some people do get treated unfairly when they are pulled over....
I've had my fair share of condescension from plod thank you :p However, there's no point in moaning about it.

If one in every ten young men they pull over driving a fast car has stolen it, and they get an arrest, surely it's acceptable for the rest of us to spend five minutes hob nobbing with the boys in blue?

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Better than an E46? Have you owned an E46, Oracle?

It won the What Car Compact Executive award

The 75 is a great car as is the ZT. They both target different markets - the 75 is a great crusier which doesn't handle badly (better after the facelift), the ZT is harder, sharper and marketed towards the sportier end of the market

It seems that people read Rover as "crap, old, unreliable, etc, etc"

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Better than an E46? Have you owned an E46, Oracle?

330d thanks! ;) Still do, but the ZT is on a par with lesser E46! (esp 320d). My ZT CDTi 135+ is now putting out as much power as a standard 'pre engine lift' 330d, and is equally refined!

Last edited:
Associate
My dads ZT260 is a 52 plate and it still feels very solid, no rattles what so ever.
Half the car is BMW.... remember BMW owned rover at the time the ZT was designed and built. The chassis is all bmw designed.

Its absolutely thrilling to drive on the twistys, last time my dads was RR'ed it was hitting 300bhp and 450lbs of torque and its had a few things since then.

The handling is damn fine, the top gear review was very positive.

Associate
I'd go as far to say that with a bit more tuning my dads zt will be better than a m3. it will have double the torque of the M3 and as much BHP.

Man of Honour
Oracle said:
330d thanks! ;) Still do, but the ZT is on a par with lesser E46! (esp 320d). My ZT CDTi 135+ is now putting out as much power as a standard 'pre engine lift' 330d, and is equally refined!

Equally refined? What, despite being 4 cylinders to 6?

Associate
Oblivious said:
LOL. ROFLCOPTER.

Are you disputing the fact that 350bhp and and 400lbs torque compared to the m3's 330 bhp and 260lbs of torque?

V8 power mate with the handling that bmw gave it.... haha m3 for the lose mate.

Associate
ajgoodfellow said:
Actually the rear wheel drive MG ZT was all MG Rover's work

The conversion was entirely MG Rover, with a small budget i believe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_ZT said:
The car was developed almost entirely in-house by Rover with little influence from BMW, although the fact it possessed a central tunnel its chassis lead to speculation the car used the chassis of the rear wheel drive BMW 5 Series.

Permabanned
Lithium said:
Are you disputing the fact that 350bhp and and 400lbs torque compared to the m3's 330 bhp and 260lbs of torque?

V8 power mate with the handling that bmw gave it.... haha m3 for the lose mate.

Its all relative, doesnt make it a better car.

Far more to a car than, BHP and torque.

Soldato
Lithium said:
I'd go as far to say that with a bit more tuning my dads zt will be better than a m3. it will have double the torque of the M3 and as much BHP.

Ok, firstly, hahahahahhahahahhahahahaha.

Secondly, the ZT isn't really anything to do with BMW, and the R40 platform isn't the same as the E39 platform, it's an urban myth.

Thirdly, there's far more to a car than bhp and torque figures.

Fourthly, you are comparing a modded car to a standard one.. really?.. are you 12 years old?

Fifthly, the ZT is more 5 series size.. my M5 is 400bhp and 369lb/ft from standard.. to compare like with like I could whack the Dinan kit on and a supercharger and be pushing 700bhp.

Sixthly (sp?) - hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom