Got pulled by the fuzz!? What for...? Read on....

Associate
Oh look some bmw noobs jumping into defend their cars cos of their tiny willy problems.

Fairly soon my dads car will outperform an M3.. Thats a fact. 2006 ZT-260's can be had for £17k...unregistered with 2 miles on the clock. Add another £10k for some killer mods/labour and you got yourself an M3 killer.

How much do those things cost NEW again? Hahahahahahhahahahaha.

1. hahah
2. hahahah
3. hahahahah

wait.. how old are you? (you probably wont get this so ill point it out to you.... im making fun of your stupid post...hahahah ahahah ahaha ha aha?A?A?A?A?A?a ahhaha im 5 im laughing hahahah ahaha i type it lots hahahahaha.)

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Equally refined? What, despite being 4 cylinders to 6?

No, I meant in ride comfort! Jeez, nothing beats a BMW straight 6 even if it is Diesel. But compare it to the M47 320d which the ZT Lump is based on.

Simple things, like 4 heated seats, and dual zone climate control 18"s as standard (on the ZT anyway). EDIT: Actually, not all of them came with 4 heated seats, but mine has! w00t!

Stuff, which you'd expect on the more expensive 3er.

Oh, and trust me on this.......my stereo makes any E46 Radio look like a 50's 8 track!!

Fifthly, the ZT is more 5 series size.. my M5 is 400bhp and 369lb/ft from standard.. to compare like with like I could whack the Dinan kit on and a supercharger and be pushing 700bhp

As an MG ZT owner, i've Always said this....but its not actually true. Its class comparison rival is the 3 series some ZTs actually weigh less than E46s! Even though, the boot of say the ZT-T (Touring) is far greater in size than the E46 Touring and can easily rival the 5er T. Having said that, its purely becuase the 3er and 5er have longer bonnets to accomodate the longitudinal lump, where as the MG doesnt (being FWD in most examples), so it can make up for it in boot space and rear leg room.

Permabanned
Lame try Lithium.

How old are you?

Beepcake has a decent job and drives an M5.
Im 20, I have a semi-decent job.

You could just spend 27k on a used M5 or M3.

Edit* At the end of the day its still a Rover, and at 27k ouch.

Unfortunatly, you can turn coal into diamonds, but you cant polish a turd.

Man of Honour
Lithium said:
Oh look some bmw noobs jumping into defend their cars cos of their tiny willy problems

Fairly soon my dads car will outperform an M3..

Outperform an M3 in a straight line, perhaps. Show it a corner or a track and sorry it just won't be losing any M3's in the same way an M5 won't be losing any M3's either.

Thats a fact. 2006 ZT-260's can be had for £17k...unregistered with 2 miles on the clock. Add another £10k for some killer mods/labour and you got yourself an M3 killer.

Killer? You need serious performance to 'kill' an M3 - we are talking Porsche 911, Ferrari F430 and more - otherwise you'll just edge it.

I'm a fan of the ZT - I like it, but you are just being plain daft.

Soldato
But I'm sure it's more fun to see the look on an M3 owners face as you dart past them in your old Rover.

Simon's Rover 220 for example :cool:

Permabanned
agw_01 said:
But I'm sure it's more fun to see the look on an M3 owners face as you dart past them in your old Rover.

Will be better looking at the Rover drivers face. Because at the end of the day..... Its a rover, over.

Man of Honour
agw_01 said:

How are you going to have so much additional performance that you can 'dart past' an M3?

Honest guys lets get a grip on reality here - it's very hard to dart past a seriously well driven M3 in anything on 4 wheels aside from mental stuff, certainly not in an MG ZT.

Soldato
Oblivious said:
Will be better looking at the Rover drivers face. Because at the end of the day..... Its a rover, over.

So?

I have no problems driving a Rover. I actually 'enjoy' it. OMGZ shock horror!

I just laugh at the people who make a big deal over "OMGZ ITS A ROVER AND SOMEONEZ IZ PROUDZ OF IT"

Yeah, let's all drive a BMW because it has a badge that everyone knows and thinks it's a nice car. Sadly, we're not all sheep.

Fox, I'll have you know Si's 220 is quicker than the M3 CSL once moving. :)

Seeing as how this forum loves Rovers so much, I can't help but post such facts.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
agw_01 said:
Fox, I'll have you know Si's 220 is quicker than the M3 CSL once moving. :)

I don't doubt it is - Si's 220 is seriously impressive.

But even Si will admit he won't be able to 'kill' an M3 CSL driven well with it - when you get to that level of performance you need a HELL of a lot more performance to 'kill' something with it.

Soldato
Wow, that shocked me! I'm actually suprised you didn't post something like "Lies. No chance!" :o

From what I've seen on the track, Si's a very good driver. I don't doubt at all, that faced against an 'adequate' driver, Si would be able to keep up.

On the straights though, it's a no brainer really.

Man of Honour
agw_01 said:
Wow, that shocked me! I'm actually suprised you didn't post something like "Lies. No chance!" :o

Thats becuase contrary to what you think, I'm not 'anti Rover'.

I just think some of them suck, thats all :p

Associate
I got pulled about 3 months after passing my test, around half 9 on christmas eve was driving back from the girlfriends, 30 limit built up area etc, came to a mini round-about and just drove over it, (no one about apart from another car coming the other way about 100 metres ahead) still doing the speed limit i pass the car which was an octavia patrol car, check my mirror and its turns around so i turn off the road to see if they follow, next thing i know blue flashing lights pull over etc. Asked me to sit in the back of the car, suspicion drink driving said that i 'should' of gone round the round about instead of over it but since it was xmas and i didnt smell of drink and i wasnt speeding they said merry xmas and went on my way. Nice guys

Back
Top Bottom