Got pulled by the fuzz!? What for...? Read on....

Soldato
Boycie said:
Asked me to sit in the back of the car, suspicion drink driving said that i 'should' of gone round the round about instead of over it
I think the fact that the white-painted mini roundabouts around here are no longer white speaks volumes about how the average motorist negotiates them ;)

Associate
I got pulled over for 45 mins because of a failed headlight bulb, they obviously liked you.

Some Rovers are excellent, pick the fine parts from the dross ones and you can build a very fine car, it helps if you enjoy tinkering with your car.

For example, I dont think they ever made an engine bay completely covered in rigid plastic, ala Audi, etc

Associate
mattpc said:
Classic, I got pulled (only the 2nd time in my life) cos I bike cop who was in his words "setting and example and pace making" on the M1. He took great exception to me overtaking him very slowly... He was furious that I'd had the cheek to do it I think. He claimed that I had tailgated him and broke the speed limit. Interesting statement- the reality was I MSMd and carefully attempted an overtaking manoover but he, without signalling swerved into the outside lane, gestured at me and pulled me over. I ended up tailgating because of this dangerous manoover. He accused me of travelling at way over the speed limit and asked me why I had overtaken him. I simply told him that I did not have an excuse and no I was not letting my concentration slip. When he realised he was not going to be able to do me for bald tyres or defective brake lights and no he was not gonig to get me to admit that I had been speeding, driving dangerously, driving without due care or attention and that yes it was my vehicle and I was insured he gave up and let me go. I love cops!!! On the other hand, I know they have a tough job to do and I know I would not want to do it.
What were the respective speeds of you and him?

Permabanned
OP
Fulcrum said:
I got pulled over for 45 mins because of a failed headlight bulb, they obviously liked you.

Some Rovers are excellent, pick the fine parts from the dross ones and you can build a very fine car, it helps if you enjoy tinkering with your car.

For example, I dont think they ever made an engine bay completely covered in rigid plastic, ala Audi, etc

75/ZT CDTi (CDT) but then its a M47 BM lump so its gonna be shrouded in plastic!

Now then............back on topic or I might just have to go and rev my engine at the lights next to a M3, then see him clean off it (cos he wont be able to see through my cloud of smoke!) :D

Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
How are you going to have so much additional performance that you can 'dart past' an M3?

Honest guys lets get a grip on reality here - it's very hard to dart past a seriously well driven M3 in anything on 4 wheels aside from mental stuff, certainly not in an MG ZT.

Well ive seen it happen :) So i guess Simons GSI Tubby must be "mental stuff". Obviously Fox you aint been to a track day, an M3 certainly isnt the best car in the world and plenty of lesser cars will show it up :)

Man of Honour
SgtTupac said:
Obviously Fox you aint been to a track day, an M3 certainly isnt the best car in the world and plenty of lesser cars will show it up :)

And assuming a decent driver in both, one of the 'lesser cars' that wont be showing it up is a Rover 75.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
And assuming a decent driver in both, one of the 'lesser cars' that wont be showing it up is a Rover 75.

Never said anything about a Rover 75, as im unaware Simon has a Rover 75.. Unless he just bought one?

Soldato
It's even more fun when you get pulled whilst driving a car that you're insured on as a second driver because your parents own it.

"Is this your car sir?"

"Nope"

:D

Soldato
Cyanide said:
It's even more fun when you get pulled whilst driving a car that you're insured on as a second driver because your parents own it.

"Is this your car sir?"

"Nope"

:D

I had the same sort of thing when bringing the Bos's car back from garage after its service....

I was 23 waring (very) scruffy Jeans and T-Shirt... Driving a BMW 850Csi!... in the 30 mins I was in the car I got stopped twice!... :D

Both times... "is this your car... Sonny :mad: "... "Nope :D "

Soldato
My Red Astra GTE got pulled over a lot, the exhaust didnt help!
Once was 5:30am when I was going on site with someone from work!

It's one of the things I love about the Rover turbo - looks very subtle, so I dont get pulled :)

Associate
Back in the nineties when I had a vanilla scooby as a company car I was followed by the police often and I used to play a fun game with them.

I used to pull over when being followed then when they drive pass start following them, once they turn four rights they know what you are doing, used to amuse me in a sad little way :)

Gangster
Permabanned
Boycie said:
I got pulled about 3 months after passing my test, around half 9 on christmas eve was driving back from the girlfriends, 30 limit built up area etc, came to a mini round-about and just drove over it, (no one about apart from another car coming the other way about 100 metres ahead) still doing the speed limit i pass the car which was an octavia patrol car, check my mirror and its turns around so i turn off the road to see if they follow, next thing i know blue flashing lights pull over etc. Asked me to sit in the back of the car, suspicion drink driving said that i 'should' of gone round the round about instead of over it but since it was xmas and i didnt smell of drink and i wasnt speeding they said merry xmas and went on my way. Nice guys

lol, who doesnt drive over painted rouindabouts??? :p

Back
Top Bottom