Got the chance of a 205

Soldato
Eight months til you're 17?

A £50 car, stood for eight months plus however long it takes you to learn to drive... sounds like a pain in the arse to me.

If you've got somewhere to keep it, go for it, but it could be a proper big pain in t'bum imho.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Do you just go around buying all the crap old cars that ocuk members dont want anymore?

Damn, had a Xantia to get rid of a year ago ;)

I bought Enfield's damaged 205 for £50, already sold parts off it for well over £100. I thought you were doing a business degree?

;)

Soldato
Lopéz said:
Oh yes they do :p Believe me, I've bodged this exact area myself in the past. I used Chemical Metal, expanding insulation foam (you know, the orange stuff you squirt into a roof) and sealed it all in with some astonishingly heavy duty floor paint. Nobody at the MOT station raised an eyebrow ;)

Even the later ones rot. I've seen some horrific K plate GTi's, rotten down every seam. Miami blue ones seem very prone to this for reasons unbeknown to me.
i had a feeling you'd post in this thread and along the very lines you've chosen.
the area i detailed is probably the biggest problem for the 205 bodywise at least, the panel is not only large but it's an absolute nightmare to replace too.

Back
Top Bottom