1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gotta love that auction site..

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by riddlermarc, 24 May 2006.

1. riddlermarc

Man of Honour

.. where else could you buy:

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

.. for £121? Brand new you're looking at £110 for the Bad Horsie 2 alone! I've been looking to offload my GT-6 uber-fx unit, I'm going back to basics and you can't beat a guitar straight into a Marshall for that top tone. I only ever used a little chorus/noise suppression on the GT-6 so the new setup is going to be:

Jackson RR5 -> VAI-2 wah -> GE-7 eq -> CH-1 chorus - > Marshall Mode Four half-stack

.. tone doesn't get much purer than that ;)

Oh, the GT-6 is already at £131 so I'm quids in already!

2. SidewinderINC

Soldato

damn, thats a good deal!

i'm bidding on a Boss PS5 at the moment, its at £41, and i could really do with winning it lol. will buy the expression pedal for it too, gives me a better version of the digitech whammy :)

3. riddlermarc

Man of Honour

I was considering some sort of Whammy-esque product too, think it will have to wait until I've got used to the new additions to the riddlerRig™.. interesting way of doing it, had never thought ot a PS5/expr pedal :)

4. SidewinderINC

Soldato

well, boss products as everybody knows are indestructible! and sound a lot better.
    the main reason for me getting a PS5 instead of the digitech is that it has a few more options that are solid without using the expression pedal. and i need to be able to just stomp a pedal and go down 1/2 a step for Guns N roses and quite a bit of 80's rock.

/awaits andelusion to come in and try to offer me his GP100 unless he has already sold it.

Last edited: 24 May 2006
  5. Andelusion

Capodecina

lol Probably not going to sell it now, it's not worth me selling it for what i'll get for it, may aswell keep it, if i can be bothered buying cables to wire it up in my loop then I wont need any more pedals for a long time.

Good buys there! I like the switchless feature on the badhorsies and an eq pedal is always nice to have.

6. riddlermarc

Man of Honour

Andelusion, is that your band in your sig? If so, which guitarist are you? I like the clips on your site's start page, especially "Atmospheric" :)

7. Andelusion

Capodecina

Yeah that's my 'band' :) I use quotes as there's only 3 of us at the moment, still need a bassist, keyboardist and singer *cries*

I'm Stephen (one with the Jem), cheers for the comments by the way :) The other guitarist (Joe) is playing the lead on that 'Atmospheric' one, they're all working titles by the way.

A lot of the parts are doubled, the one called 'Tapping' is me playing the lead, that's called tapping as it's all tapped suprisingly enough XD

We need to update the site actually as i've been writing a lot on my own and we've updated a lot of stuff especially the '74' one (called 74 as it's in 7/4 time).

8. SidewinderINC

Soldato

7/4 time... i really need help in knowing time signatures!

9. georges

Mobster

means 7 quarter notes(crotchets) per bar and that a crotchet is a beat.

So 7 beats/bar.

Top number ( the 7 in this case) can be any number just means amount of beats per bar.
    The bottom number is the beat duration has to be a type of beat eg:

common ones:
    1 whole note semibreve
    1/2 half note minim
    1/4 quarter note crotchet
    1/8 eighth note quaver

(The fractions are duration relative to the whole note)

If say, a quaver is the set beat duration and you wanted 5 beats a bar, you'd put

(There are no lines in the time signature, just numbers on top of each other)

(I'm hoping you meant you didn't know what they meant, otherwise I wasted my time :p)

10. riddlermarc

Man of Honour

.. check out the "Images And Words" music book for some crazy timing! "Under A Glass Moon" is a good workout, also "Metropolis" ;)

11. SidewinderINC

Soldato

nope, that answer was great :) cheers :)

12. Andelusion

Capodecina

lol pretty much any DT is jumping in at the deep end of time signature tomfoolery :p

13. Tax Evader

Wise Guy

I like the CH1 but only ocassionally, and on a very very very subtle setting, so you can only just tell it's there.

BTW - I've seen some vague thread titles and this is right up there with the best!

14. riddlermarc

Man of Honour

Yeah, wasn't sure if we were allowed to mentioned the name or not :p

15. Hate

Soldato

I've still got my korg AX1500G for my effects, can't seem to find something worthy of replacing it!

(I've got a single channel 10W valve amp, my band uses an agressive digitalish distortion (think a mix between fear factory and marshall amps!) and its perfect)

saying that, my friends GT3 is impressive

16. alexakasloth

Sgarrista

I got a pre-cert vid of Cannibal holocaust and LHOTL a few days ago :o For £3.50.

17. Zefan

Don

I recently got an 80w Marshall amp and seperate head (Can't remember the exact models) for £130, but I see them going on US sites for $1300+.

It hasn't arrived yet, I'm still worried it's just going to blow up.

18. SidewinderINC

Soldato

about 4 hours ago i got myself a set of sperzel locking tuners for £38

only a little saving.

19. Hate

Soldato

I used to have locking tuners on my Ibanez Destroyer. didn't seem to make *that* much of a difference, apart from spending hours winding strings

20. SidewinderINC

Soldato

well the gotoh ones that i currently have on my red guitar are really old and a pain in the ass to wind. and if ive got heavy strings on always end up losing tension.