Associate
So this is a dilemma and it's probabaly an absurd one.

I have managed to secure a FE 3090 and a Asus 3070 out of a whim this morning just to have them there.

I am not looking to scalp these, I edit 4K videos and the one I was really looking for was the FE 3080.

Now do I keep these or do I just cancel the orders so someone else can order them?

The other idea could be to find someone who wanted the 3090 but only secured a 3080 and wants to trade and pay the difference? Would that seem doable?

Associate
OP
Seems like the most sensible options, well I got a friend buying the 3070 as he's been struggling.

The 3090 I will keep a hold of and see if I can secure the 3080FE in the next 14 days.

Associate
OP
Do FE versions hold there value better if I wanted to sell much later down the line? Not sure if FE versions are limited or can be brought all year round?

The last graphics card I brought was a GTX 680 which I hae been running for 7 years so this is going to be a massive boost.

Associate
Think they hold their value pretty well tbh. I've been keeping an eye on 1080ti prices as I'll be selling mine, the FE seems to go for good money from what I've seen.

This gen FE is pretty special imo, board design is one of the best and they've got good silicone, plus the stock cooler looks good and actually works extremely well unlike some previous generations. Added bonus of probably being the go to card for WC once the blocks are available.

No point paying another 400 quid on top for a fancy air cooler then replacing it with a block and potentially weaker board design and lesser silicone.

I'm always fairly mindful of resale value for gear I buy and 3090FE I've not got any issues with at 1400.

Associate
OP
That's great to know, I will see how the next couple of weeks go and hpefully secure a 3080 if not guess i'll be building a new rig with the 3090.

Just a shame I missed the 5900x as it was in stock at currys this morning at a very good price as that's the only thing I am missing now.

Associate
Was it? Blimey, been subd for notifications from them and never heard a peep. Waiting on mine also but top of the que elsewhere so should get it very soon. Good luck with getting one yourself!

Back
Top Bottom