GPU Client - no points?

Associate
Ive been having a few problems with my GPU client over the past few days. It has been failing to submit WUs once it has finished them, and then when they do finally get submitted, i seem to end up getting no points for them.

Anyone got any ideas or having similar experience?

Associate
Just noticed my Opty box With VMWare and SMP client was producing zero points. Turns out the clock was running so slow in Linux that the wu's being returned were being ignored as the date on the machine was about a week behind... :eek:

Associate
Im haveing troubles as well ... Getting new work units in addition to transmitted completed work units. Getting stuff like:

[20:14:51] + Attempting to send results
[20:15:15] - Server does not have record of this unit. Will try again later.
[20:15:15] Could not transmit unit 05 to Collection server; keeping in queue.
[20:15:15] - Preparing to get new work unit...

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Steevo38 said:
Just noticed my Opty box With VMWare and SMP client was producing zero points. Turns out the clock was running so slow in Linux that the wu's being returned were being ignored as the date on the machine was about a week behind... :eek:

Mine's the opposite. It gains about 5 minutes every day.

Soldato
Steevo38 said:
The Opty, being an AMD chip, will want the AMD patch installed to keep the clock synched (or at least nearly)

Unfortunately I can't seem to get onto the folding forums at the moment to find the link - dunno if anyone here still has it sitting around somewhere handy :confused:

Suspended
Point your machines at an NTP server - under windows theres the NTP service which can help with this kind of thing.

For the Opty - have you fiddled with the chips virtualization settings at all?

Cob

Cob

Soldato
AthlonTom said:
Point your machines at an NTP server - under windows theres the NTP service which can help with this kind of thing.

For the Opty - have you fiddled with the chips virtualization settings at all?

Cheers dude.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
joeyjojo said:
Instruction for this NTP thing please :)

Go into Adjust date & time and select Keep clock synced with internet servers, and select a NTP server. One of the British ones would probably be best.

Back
Top Bottom