• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Guru's, Your brains are needed :D

Man of Honour
Hi all,

Quick question for the GPU Guru's in the house, if a game is set at 4K, settings at max but AA is off & it's hitting approx 65-75 FPS, what kind of FPS could you reasonably expect at 1440p with similar settings?

Man of Honour
OP
You could lower the res in game and see your self.

If that's a joke then chortle chortle!

If it's not, then I'm sure I've left my ban hammer around here somewhere? :D (see the smiley?)

Yeah I just skimmed through a bunch of benchmarks from Gamers Nexus for 2080ti, etc. in a lot of cases 60-80 for 4K translates to 120-130 at 1440p there are some outliers but it is mostly the case.

Excellent, thanks for that, answers my question perfectly, along with Finners reply.

Cheers peeps :)

Man of Honour
OP
Lower your resolution and test it at @opethdisciple said, and is not a joke.
To be clear, the reason I'm asking as I've the option of 2 GPUs, but my system is not up and running (waiting on a few bits) so trying to find out if I can get away with GPU 'A' or if not then I'll need to take GPU 'B', if I could change the resolution I wouldn't need to ask ;)

:p

Soldato
4K is 2.25x more pixels than 1440p, and since performance scales more or less linearly with resolution, you can use that as a guide.

Soldato
To be clear, the reason I'm asking as I've the option of 2 GPUs, but my system is not up and running (waiting on a few bits) so trying to find out if I can get away with GPU 'A' or if not then I'll need to take GPU 'B', if I could change the resolution I wouldn't need to ask ;)

:p

Didn't you order a V64 Nitro or was another mod did that?

Man of Honour
4K is 2.25x more pixels than 1440p, and since performance scales more or less linearly with resolution, you can use that as a guide.

Yes and no

When the fps are low for example 40fps @2160 you can expect around 80fps @1440p.

Once the fps at any resolution get over about 110fps give or take a bit you also have to consider that the CPU will start bottlenecking things.

Back
Top Bottom