• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Hybrid Cooler Effectiveness.

Associate
Hello all,

I have an EVGA RTX 2080Ti and was thinking about purchasing the associated hybrid AIO EVGA sells. My question is this: how effective are GPU AIOs at cooling GPUs compared to conventional fans? My current case setup keeps my GPU at around 65 degrees but I am thinking about changing cases to the new Fractal Design Define 7 and I was wondering how I could most effectively cool my GPU.

Thanks!

Here is the GPU AIO:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga...-evga-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-ftw3-hs-00c-ea.html

Soldato
If you can buy a 2080ti you can afford £150 ?!

I've used a few GPU hybrid coolers and found them to be excellent. Knock 10-20c off the previous air cooler temp no problem. Actually prefer the NZXT G12 type ones but I have had EVGA hybrids on a 980 and 1080. Been doing it for ages first one I tried was a GTX 580 with the "tie wrap" method with custom fan cowling! Worked a treat. There is an old thread somewhere in the Cooling forum about it not sure if the pictures are still there.

However I wouldnt risk a GPU AIO DIY on a £1000+ card.

Soldato
I fitted my 1080Ti FTW3 with EVGA's hybrid kit and it made a world of difference.
The whole card runs around 50C at full load overclocked keeping a high boost even after several hours without having multiple gpu fans hoovering away :D

Bought mine from Amazon US for 50 dollars, way cheaper than UK or EU prices.

Associate
Installed one on my 1080ti few years back and it's fantastic. Temps matched a custom loop. 50/55c max.

I was actually trying to find s 2080ti founders edition version but I think evga has stopped doing them. Shame really

Soldato
Installed one on my 1080ti few years back and it's fantastic. Temps matched a custom loop. 50/55c max.

I was actually trying to find s 2080ti founders edition version but I think evga has stopped doing them. Shame really

Agreed I have one on my 1080ti FE, and its fantastic, absolute game changer in respect of temps.

Permabanned
IMO It should have dual rad like the Kingpin, if I had a choice it would be a dual 140mm esp. as it is aftermarket not the EVGA cards that ship with them pre-fitted which I can understand are 120mm due to peoples case+sizes

Soldato
That AIO is borderline bad, I wouldn't touch it - and your temps will hardly be different to an air cooler.

now, if you go buy a proper AIO gpu cooler that has a 240mm rad and a full block cover - that will give you fantastic performance and excellent temps. For example take a look at the AIO on the evga kingpin

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Can't complain about my Evga 1080 hybrid, best card I have owned. Gonna keep it for a few more years yet, will probably even skip nvidias 3000 series cards.

Back
Top Bottom