• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Hello, this is my first post so I'm not sure if it's in the correct section! Please forgive me.

So I have had my laptop for a couple of years now and I know they start to degrade as time goes on. Recently I have reset my system to a clean install and installed all of my games again so it is basically empty.

I have all of my games installed in my HDD which I know will slow it down but they have always been on it. It is a Mission Erazer P6681, the specs are as follows:
Intel Core i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050m
Integrated HD Graphics 620
1920x1080 60hz display

I am running Windows 10 on my m.2 ssd.

When I first bought the laptop very thing ran perfectly! I thought it was the best purchase ever because I could finally play games without lag but for a while now I am experiencing huge lag spikes and really bad FPS even on small games. Today I loaded up Space Engineers and it was really bad FPS, so I changed all settings to low and for some reason looked at the gpu it was using. It was using my 1050 as expected but I changed it to the 620 for ***** and giggles to see how it ran.. after the restart Space Engineers was running on the 620 better than before.

Basically I believe my GPU is underperforming for some reason.. I'm not sure why! Whenever I optimize using geforce experience, I always end up turning the settings down as it's too laggy.. I know my specs aren't great but some games I have more than recommended settings yet I still can't run them.. Can anyone help me find out my problem because I really don't want to play with lag anymore!!

Associate
OP
Also, the is often no difference when changing from High to Low settings in games, for example Arma 3, I will get 15fps max when in Ultra and when in Low

Back
Top Bottom