Gran Turismo 6

Caporegime
So it looks like GT6 may be a PS3 title and coming out on November 28th.

A second retailer has now listed Gran Turismo 6 for the PlayStation 3, along with a release date of November 28.

Italian site Multiplayer.com has the game available to pre-order along with what, we presume, is placeholder art for the title.

Source

I wonder if this will actually make the first set release date.;)

I'm guessing this could be shown at E3. What is your wish list that you would want in this game?

For me it would be none of that premium/standard models for a start.

Associate
A revised career mode rather than the copy+paste job they did in GT5. More series races. More premium cars. I don't think any of the races in A-Spec actually required a specific license too, on my current save I'm doing extreme league races without ever doing a license test.

Also, shamelessly steal lots of the cool stuff in Forza 4.

And finally, this is Polyphony Digital, it'll probably be late like the last two games.

Associate
Remember the 'Grand Tour' special event in GT5? Where you travelled through Italy and took part in some quite random stages in mostly Italian cars... and there were brief cutscenes between each stage based on photo locations.

That is what Gran Turismo should be about, if you take the name of the game literally. But that is the only set of races in the entire game that is presented in that way. The actual Spec A career has none of that quality in the presentation - just a grid of random races to get through.

I really hope GT6 expands on the 'Grand Tour' idea for the career mode.

Associate
Oh and I hope they add the option to remove driving hands and the visible steering wheel from cockpit view. All the major PC sims do this... why not GT? And it's not even difficult! It's a case of removing stuff, not adding stuff. I suppose they might need to model the steering column a bit more, but a generic fitting across all cars would be fine. Those who want this feature will have their own wheel covering the view, so it doesn't even matter.

Caporegime
Remember the 'Grand Tour' special event in GT5? Where you travelled through Italy and took part in some quite random stages in mostly Italian cars... and there were brief cutscenes between each stage based on photo locations.

I remember them well because of how terrible they were, the night stage in the Lamborghini is one of the worst racing experiences I've had on the current generation of consoles. For some reason the rally stages with tarmac make the cars handle like complete ****, as in, huge amounts of understeer for no reason whatsoever. Not to mention the night races where you cannot see 10 feet in front of you, not really ideal when you're starting in last place because Polyphony are a bunch of masochists. :p

It was a really nice idea for a set of races, and some were better than others but that horrible Lamborghini race just sticks with me.

Soldato
Could they please just remake gt4 so there is a decent amount of single player content to enjoy and not sit about waiting for a few nonsense challenges each week as some of us don't want to play "online" with "friends"... (I'm not antisocial really I just don't want the primary content of gt games to be racing other people)

That and not spend an AGE modelling the underside of every car and then not let thing flip over to show us.

And maybe bring back some more fun tuning.

And maybe less reliance on the silly car collection to do one race that randomly pops up in the used car garage.

And better music. (1 and 3 were amazing for that)

And a more fun arcade mode.

And more tracks.

And less rubbish ones.

Maybe a few more real tracks but thats not essential.

Finally no more mucking about with a redbull concept car that was no fun to drive.

Seems a list of things that will never happen and I will cry over the loss of my ps2. (again)

Soldato
I remember them well because of how terrible they were, the night stage in the Lamborghini is one of the worst racing experiences I've had on the current generation of consoles. For some reason the rally stages with tarmac make the cars handle like complete ****, as in, huge amounts of understeer for no reason whatsoever. Not to mention the night races where you cannot see 10 feet in front of you, not really ideal when you're starting in last place because Polyphony are a bunch of masochists. :p

It was a really nice idea for a set of races, and some were better than others but that horrible Lamborghini race just sticks with me.

I hated the afla or fiat one at the start.

Permabanned
Make it less easy to earn ****loads of money quickly and win races simply by entering a stupidly powerful car.

Should have power limit restrictions on ALL races.

I earnt millions of pounds easily, something to do with having the academy edition I think.

Soldato

Yeah that Lambo race, you simply couldn't see where the heck you was going.. It was witout doubt one of the worst races i've ever had to try and grind my way through, so bad, I gave up with it.

As for GT6, yeah this'll be out this year - sure.!! When is the PS5 out again? No that is not a typo ..

Soldato
Wish list:

Better UI/Menus
Quicker loading times
Fully Modable cars

and one of the things that annoys me the most: Sound! the cars always sound terrible and more like a sewing machine than a sports car

kdd

kdd

Soldato
How good could this be with all the feedback/testing PD have had with GT5???? A super polished GT5 with way more content would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom