Gran Turismo 6

Associate
I read that daft question and actually laughed out loud. :D

Skynet-T800: These are the best graphics of any driving sim on this gen consoles.

Ok but still crap imo, not used to PS3's compared to PC but GT5 looked a bit "low res" hence why I'm asking if the new one is improved?

I've enjoyed the games over the years and not hating, just sayin.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The doom sayers haven't got around 200 of the tops motors in there garage all tuned up & all with Racing tyres from Soft through to full wets.
I turn my GT6 on pick one of my choice motors & go stretch my legs round the ring or on another of my fave tracks. In my opinion my game of GT6 is ******* awesome. :cool:

So what i said earlier was right? The way to enjoy this game is to hack it. Playing it normally sucks. Such a shame.

Soldato
Ok but still crap imo, not used to PS3's compared to PC but GT5 looked a bit "low res" hence why I'm asking if the new one is improved?

I've enjoyed the games over the years and not hating, just sayin.

Only played GT6 for a day the cars looks better than GT5 some cars are lower ress than others e.g peugeot 106 GTI does not have modelled interior and the exterior looks worse than other cars.

A lot of the race courses have bad textures (trees, grass etc) I have not played much other race course might look better.

Soldato
I was pretty hyped for this, I was thinking about picking up GT6 as my last "current gen" game... but having watched a lot of lets plays and gameplay videos online it just absolutely looks like an expansion pack for GT4/GT5.

It's also pretty damn annoying that there still isn't damage in the game and the quoted 1,200 cars is hugely inflated due to the sheer number of (essentially) identical model of cars.

I think Nerdcubed summed it up pretty well for me. Gran Turismo 6 is like buying a massive bag of rice. Sure you've got a load of rice, but there's no meat, no herbs and no flavour. You can't have a party with just rice.

Shame :(

Soldato
New patch is out here are a few changes

Consecutive Login Bonus
When you login online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awards will accrue up to a potential 200% bonus on the 5th day. Be sure to login everyday to earn more credits!

Entry requirements for Seasonal Events lowered
Players will only require a National B licence in order to participate in Seasonal Events and, for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will reward cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity and remember to login online!

Bonus Events within Seasonal Events
Two new Seasonal Events will run from 20 December 2013 to 17 January 2014 and 02 January to 30 January 2014. These unique events to mark the seasonal holidays and the New Year will feature special bonus credits.

Credits earned in Career Mode increased

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/18/gran-turismo-6-red-bull-x-challenge-goes-live-today/

Last edited:
Soldato
New patch is out here are a few changes

Consecutive Login Bonus
When you login online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awards will accrue up to a potential 200% bonus on the 5th day. Be sure to login everyday to earn more credits!

Players will only require a National B licence in order to participate in Seasonal Events and, for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will reward cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity and remember to login online!

Two new Seasonal Events will run from 20 December 2013 to 17 January 2014 and 02 January to 30 January 2014. These unique events to mark the seasonal holidays and the New Year will feature special bonus credits.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/18/gran-turismo-6-red-bull-x-challenge-goes-live-today/

Great news
thanks

Soldato
I was late to the GT6 party, trying out the credit glitch with the 1.02 patch... fingers crossed it works!

Last edited:
Soldato
Confirmed it works I brought a load of BMW M4's sold them for 6 million each I will keep that money aside until I get really bored of grinding. ( I was on 1.01 when I brought the cars)

Last edited:
Soldato
Confirmed it works I brought a load of BMW M4's sold them for 6 million each I will keep that money aside until I get really bored of grinding. ( I was on 1.01 when I brought the cars)

So you bought the M4s in 1.01 then sold them in 1.02?
sorry for asking you to spell it out It's been a long day :o

Soldato
I brought the M4s in 1.01 (don't use the car just send it to garage) save and quit the game.

Delete update v1.01 under "Game Data Utility"

Load the game do not install any patches! everything time you sell a M4 buy a car that is worth 20 million until you have one m4 left in your garage sell it and keep the money.

Restart the game and patch it to 1.02 sell the cars that your brought for 20 million you will get 6 Million credits for each one.

Patch 1.02 allows a maximum for 50 million credits in the bank.

Last edited:
Soldato
I brought the M4s in 1.01 (don't use the car just send it to garage) save and quit the game.

Load the game do not install any patches! everything time you sell a M4 buy a car that is worth 20 million until you have one m4 left in your garage sell it and keep the money.

Restart the game and patch it to 1.02 sell the cars that your brought for 20 million you will get 6 Million credits for each one.

will have to do this before I kick the 1.0.2 update.. afaik it was fixed in 1.0.2 so you can't buy a car in 1.0.2 and sell it in 1.0.0 for 20mil.

Soldato

Aaaaah got you now cheers. I know what i'll be doing tonight then

Soldato
These cone challenges are hard! i'm enjoying the coffee break and mission races more than the actual racing atm.

If anyone want to get credits quickly without the glitch have a read:

Consecutive Login Bonus
When you login online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awards will be added for each consecutive day: 110% for the 1st day, 130% for the 2nd day, 140% for the 3rd day and so on, until you will receive 200% bonus on the 5th day. Be sure to login every day to earn more credits!

The amount of credits earned in Career Mode have been increased. Rewards for Novice Class races have been raised to approximately 110%, for National B Class up to approx. 130%, for National A Class to approx. 140%, for International B Class to approx. 150%, for International A Class to approx. 160%, and for Super Class they have been raised to approximately 170%. This may give good incentive to go back and try some races you’ve already cleared!

The requirements to enter Seasonal Events have been changed. Now players will only require a National B Licence in order to participate (previously they needed a National A Licence). Following this Update and only for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will award cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity, and remember to login online!

From 20 December 2013 3:00AM GMT to 17 January 2014 3:00AM GMT the Seasonal Events will host a special bonus event. If you obtain a Gold award in all events, the credits reward will add up to 3,000,000 credits, and combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, this can multiply to a maximum 6,000,000 credits!

Furthermore, a second bonus event is planned to be held from 2 January 2014 3:00AM GMT to 30 January 2014 3:00AM. Again, this event will allow you to win up to 6,000,000 credits when combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, so if you participate in both special events you could earn up to 12,000,000 credits!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-patch-1...red-bull-x-challenge-login-credit-bonus-more/

Last edited:
Soldato
These cone challenges are hard! i'm enjoying the coffee break and mission races more than the actual racing atm.

If anyone want to get credits quickly without the glitch have a read:

Consecutive Login Bonus
When you login online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awards will be added for each consecutive day: 110% for the 1st day, 130% for the 2nd day, 140% for the 3rd day and so on, until you will receive 200% bonus on the 5th day. Be sure to login every day to earn more credits!

The amount of credits earned in Career Mode have been increased. Rewards for Novice Class races have been raised to approximately 110%, for National B Class up to approx. 130%, for National A Class to approx. 140%, for International B Class to approx. 150%, for International A Class to approx. 160%, and for Super Class they have been raised to approximately 170%. This may give good incentive to go back and try some races you’ve already cleared!

The requirements to enter Seasonal Events have been changed. Now players will only require a National B Licence in order to participate (previously they needed a National A Licence). Following this Update and only for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will award cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity, and remember to login online!

From 20 December 2013 3:00AM GMT to 17 January 2014 3:00AM GMT the Seasonal Events will host a special bonus event. If you obtain a Gold award in all events, the credits reward will add up to 3,000,000 credits, and combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, this can multiply to a maximum 6,000,000 credits!

Furthermore, a second bonus event is planned to be held from 2 January 2014 3:00AM GMT to 30 January 2014 3:00AM. Again, this event will allow you to win up to 6,000,000 credits when combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, so if you participate in both special events you could earn up to 12,000,000 credits!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-patch-1...red-bull-x-challenge-login-credit-bonus-more/

Re: the payout increases, I might not bother glitching tonight then.
I have 64 great cars already many are tuned & set-up and 16million left in the bank.
So will prob just do V1.02 update when I get home and earn CRs properly going forward as I have a lot of solo career still to do.

Associate
I feel dirty now... cheating...

Not as dirty as Yamauchi feels for having to base the game around microtransactions I bet...

It has the feel of a sales/boardroom decision rather than his, but who knows.

Incidentally, the photo system is excellent. And I rolled two multi-million credit cars last night :)

Back
Top Bottom