Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
Having recently got back into iRacing again, it has made me realise how poor the physics on this game really are. The wheel almost feels lifeless after playing AC/iRacing on PC.

I'm not sure what it is but the PS4 doesn't seem to be able to handle the same amount of wheel physics :(

Permabanned
Just got this, WOW, it's amazing. Love Scapes mode and online is great. A nice refreshing change from Forza 7 which is dreadful, at least on PC. Constant crashing, multiplayer is awful.

Few things I love about GT Sport:

Car physics are fantastic.
Sounds are actually superb considering GT's history of sounds (in car view is great)
The UI is gorgeous
Sport mode is great, daily online racing and FIA championships.
Only lobbies are great, who would have thought it, being able to host rooms with set rules and lots of other modifications.
Scapes is AMAZING.
Graphics are superb.
Being able to adjust TCS, Brake Bias and Petrol mix (Lean and Power) while racing.
Fully functional headlights and indicators.

Sorry Forza, GT has you this time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got this, WOW, it's amazing. Love Scapes mode and online is great. A nice refreshing change from Forza 7 which is dreadful, at least on PC. Constant crashing, multiplayer is awful.

Few things I love about GT Sport:

Car physics are fantastic.
Sounds are actually superb considering GT's history of sounds (in car view is great)
The UI is gorgeous
Sport mode is great, daily online racing and FIA championships.
Only lobbies are great, who would have thought it, being able to host rooms with set rules and lots of other modifications.
Scapes is AMAZING.
Graphics are superb.
Being able to adjust TCS, Brake Bias and Petrol mix (Lean and Power) while racing.
Fully functional headlights and indicators.

Sorry Forza, GT has you this time.

One thing that really bugged me while driving cars in Forza was the fact you could just drive across sand traps and it would barely slow your car.

Associate
Arghhh! WARNING TO OTHERS.

Just fired up GT Sport on my second PS4 which wasnt updated to latest version. Noticed my credits were significantly down (down from nearly 20m - saving to get Ferrari) , cars missing from garage, and level down to 41 ( from nearly 45). Presumed all would be OK as I had a recent backup. But even using backup doesn't restore anything. I then saw in game news message about a specific bug when using second PS4 and update 1.19. Says it will be patched in next update but presuming my progress from past few months has been lost completely :(

Soldato
Forza is amateurish imo.

Personally, I've felt that Forza has the most enjoyable, and realistic handling; as much as you can experience via pad, between GT and Forza.

GT games of old (I've not yet played a PS4 version) have always had [to me at least], poor handling cars - it's a tough one to put a finger on it, but take the F430 in Forza 2; easily one of my favourite cars, and the car that I drove the most in that version of Forza and the 3rd. I got very used to how the rear end behaved and how to exploit and use it - but jumping into the last GT game on PS3, the car felt like it was FWD and understeered like mad - at also felt quite muted and lifeless.

Again, it's all personal preference, and what I 'feel' and dislike, might please someone else. What I think to be correct, might feel completely wrong to someone else - but for me, Forza has ****** all over GT's handling to date for me. Sure GT looks incredible, and in some ways Forza can look a bit cartoon, but the handling makes and breaks a driving game imo and GT has historically fallen short on that one.

With regards to GT Sport, I've not touched it, nor am I likely too - I have Forza 7 on my Xbone, and Project Cars 1&2 on my PS4, as well as Asetto Corsa - so I have plenty of 4 wheeled fun for now :)

Back
Top Bottom