Gran Turismo "Sport"

Don
Only difference between settings for me on Wheel/Pad is that I run Traction Control on 1 for the fastest RWD cars because accurate throttle control is more difficult on a pad

Everything else I have off (apart from ABS). I am quicker on a wheel, but mainly because I can modulate the steering/throttle/brakes that bit better, making things smoother.

Still enjoying the daily sport races and FIA seasons. Penalties are still annoying sometimes, especially when it's me that gets rammed off track, I lose a bunch of time and THEN get hit with a time penalty too. Arrrg

What's your PSN? I might have you but it would be nice to have folk who still play it on my news feed!

Soldato
Does anyone struggle with the pressure of online racing? I game with a group of around 10 on a Tuesday night and I'm alright whenever I'm far away from other racers or not about to set a fast qualifying time. When I'm about to do something like that, my heart beats out my chest and I keep messing up. During races I always end up losing it due to pressure coming from behind me and get dropped down to near the bottom of the leaderboard (I think because I don't want to cause accidents). I pretty much avoid the Sport mode or whatever its called because I fear ruining someone else's race or not being fast enough.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you get over it?

Associate
Just keep doing races mate, the more you experience driving around others, the quicker you'll get used to it.

Don't focus in trying to win too much, just get into a rhythm and drive your race, don't focus on results.

The most important thing for me is to have a clean first lap, as it can get crazy, but don't worry about ruining others races, as long as you're quick to type sorry in the chat after the race, people are generally ok with it.

Soldato
I keep meaning to get back into this game in prep for the new one...any ETA on the new one yet?
I think it was originally slated for 21st (ish) of Feb but now it's 'first half of 2021', last I knew.

Just hope they sort the penalties out in sport mode, been driving me mad lately (no pun intended).

Soldato
Bit of bump...
Recently got a G29 for the PS4 and a chair/frame for it, so decided to pick up GT Sport.
Only doing single player just now, just to get used to it. The AI as shoddy as always, but it feels good drive.

One thing that is doing my head in, is the bonus cars you get. Is there a reason it always lands on some American trash for me?
I've got a garage that's filling up with heavy, unenjoyable rubbish. Trying to avoid using the money the game gives just now, but it's like there's some sort of preference set. Depressing every time the selector lands on some ancient barge. :'(

Soldato
I'm very late to this but picked it up for a few quid, not gone online as I'd be terrible however enjoying the single player stuff also the driving school stuff is bizarre pretty chilled to play

Soldato
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
I'm not sure what sort of experience it will be on PS4 and part of me thinks it should have just remained a PS5 exclusive, but... Means I can play it! :D

I really hope the AI can be bumped up to feature a smidgen of awareness.

Back
Top Bottom