*** Grand Theft Auto IV - The Official Thread ***

Soldato
Would cost me £75 I think to pay it off. Then whatever the best deal I can find on a free PS3 and mobile. Just been looking, best I can find, is £32 per month, free Nokia 6288, free PS3.

HMmmhmhmhmmhmhmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what to do.

now all it depends on is how much you use your mobile and if you were going to continue the contract

(i'm holding my GTA4 right now and ohhhhhhh i't feels gooooood)

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I hadn't even pre-ordered this, as I didnt expect pre-orders to sell out, I knew it was going to be popular, but not this much! I managed to pick it up from a local independent store by me

Don't bother ringing them, as they just say no on the phone, but go to the store in person and you have a much better chance

Soldato
I forgot this was out soon until I opened the paper today and there were at least three seperate adverts for it. :)

Meh.....I'll just nip out and grab it on the 29th.

There will be somewhere that has it in stock in a 200 mile radius.

Tracking a copy down will give me an excuse to go out and rag the Mille a bit. :p

Soldato
I take it you never ever got your hands on it? :p
How could you tell? :mad: :p

I don't know who it was the suggested watching Heroes to pass the time, but they couldn't have been more right. I'm so glad I hadn't watched any of my DVDs. I've just watched episode four of season one and am loving every minute. :cool: This should help calm my GTA:IV excitement. :D

Man of Honour
Would cost me £75 I think to pay it off. Then whatever the best deal I can find on a free PS3 and mobile. Just been looking, best I can find, is £32 per month, free Nokia 6288, free PS3.

It's not a free PS3 at all, it's a PS3 subsidised by the cost of the contract and the fact you get given a crappy phone on a poor deal so they can use their comission to pay for a PS3 instead of a decent handset or a cashback deal.

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;11577782 said:
It's not a free PS3 at all, it's a PS3 subsidised by the cost of the contract and the fact you get given a crappy phone on a poor deal so they can use their comission to pay for a PS3 instead of a decent handset or a cashback deal.

It annoys me when people claim the get free consoles with their contract.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;11577782 said:

Ok so it only costs me £75 then effectively for the console. I get a better tarriff then i'm currently on for same price as what I currently pay, and the phone is ample for what I want atm (ive still got a perfectly good K810i). So to be fair i'm probably not really losing out.

I'm fully aware its all subsidised, i'm not stupid, but the fact im not shelling out £300 for a PS3 is what is attractive about it for me.

Man of Honour
You are basically financing a PS3 - had you bought a PS3 outright you'd be able to get a deal that would work out at least £300 cheaper over the course of the contract by NOT finding a 'free PS3' deal.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;11577928 said:
You are basically financing a PS3 - had you bought a PS3 outright you'd be able to get a deal that would work out at least £300 cheaper over the course of the contract by NOT finding a 'free PS3' deal.

True, i might just buy one from work on my staff account, gotta hate catalogue prices tho, with my discount it works out at like £302, but i get the option to pay it over 3 months interest free, so £100 out of my wage is not bad, shame they aint got any stock for 5 WEEKS?!. :(
Another reason to plunge for a 360.......

Soldato
i walked in and got GTA:SA when i was 14 i think (2004 it came out aye?) with my uniform on no bother. Games are a doddle to get underage.

I don't know what stores you buy your games from but all the major highstreet ones are very strict.

I'd be extremley surprised if they sell you GTA 4 if you were the same age.

Soldato
I'm hoping to be alright with GTA:IV on Tuesday. I'm 17, but purchase films and games rated 18 all of the time. I haven't been IDed once and I hope to God (please please PLEASE PLEASE) that this will be no exception.

Soldato
I'm hoping to be alright with GTA:IV on Tuesday. I'm 17, but purchase films and games rated 18 all of the time. I haven't been IDed once and I hope to God (please please PLEASE PLEASE) that this will be no exception.

Good luck but in the past every GTA I've ever bought, what ever age I've been, I've always been asked for ID.

Soldato

I'll bet you'll be fine, they start gettting lax about films/games when they're rated 18, unless of course you look like 13 or something. I can't remember the last time I was refused an 18 rated game/film - must have been 15 or so.

Back
Top Bottom