*** Grand Theft Auto IV - The Official Thread ***

Soldato
If your under age don't try to buy it, simple as. The fine a cashier can receive from you doing that is huge, all just because you wanted something your not old enough to have. I hope you are asked for ID and found out.

Soldato
If your under age don't try to buy it, simple as. The fine a cashier can receive from you doing that is huge, all just because you wanted something your not old enough to have. I hope you are asked for ID and found out.

The retailer can also lose their licence to sell age restricted goods which means the sales person can be sued aswell as lose their job.

It's extreme but it can happen.

Soldato
I'm hoping to be alright with GTA:IV on Tuesday. I'm 17, but purchase films and games rated 18 all of the time. I haven't been IDed once and I hope to God (please please PLEASE PLEASE) that this will be no exception.

I know Ill be cracking down for this one. Trick is to know people that work at the shop, then they ae willing to look the other way ;) I went and bought Vice City myself when I was about 15 as I knew the lad that owned the shop.

Someone at the company I work for got something like a £2k fine for letting a 17 year old take an 18 due to no IDing them, its just not worth taking the risk.

Soldato
lol as if people actually consider a cashier getting fined if they purchase something under age, its all about wearing a shirt and some smart shoes.

lol

lol

Sorry, but no its not. Its not hard to spot a shifty 15 year old thats trying to dress too old for themselves in the hope they actually look older. Once youve worked in retail long enough you know exactly whos trying to pull that trick.

Permabanned
I remember going into a big retail shop in town with my Mum once to buy Vice City when I was about 13 (I think) and I went to the counter handed it over and they told me I wasn't old enough, then my Mum said "Oh no, that's for me."

It was obvious and awkward but I got the game. :D

Soldato
It was obvious and awkward but I got the game. :D

Most retailers dont mind that, the cashier cant be done providing they take the cash off the parent and hand the game to the parent as far as im aware. I let people do that almost daily but make sure that none of the sale whatsoever is dealt with through the kid.

It when you get chavs in that you refuse then they approach a random guy to make the sale for them thats amusing.

Associate
Most retailers dont mind that, the cashier cant be done providing they take the cash off the parent and hand the game to the parent as far as im aware. I let people do that almost daily but make sure that none of the sale whatsoever is dealt with through the kid.

It when you get chavs in that you refuse then they approach a random guy to make the sale for them thats amusing.

I used to get that all the time with cigs / booze (always refused) didn't know it happened with games !

Soldato
I used to get that all the time with cigs / booze (always refused) didn't know it happened with games !

If a chav wants something they will do whatever they can to get it, including penny chews :p Its really funny when the guy that agrees to do it comes to the counter and you refuse to sell anything to them too then said chav comes back in and starts being really argumentative.

Soldato

i dont see how the cashier will even get caught ? whos going to be watching them selling a game ?

they only get caught out when some numptys parents complain and the police send a 17yr old in undercover to try and catch them out

Back
Top Bottom