Graphics Card Advice

Associate
Hello all,

**Novice Alert**

Having just joined the forums I am looking for some advice on upgrading a graphics card, we bought my son a gaming PC from eBay, he is now demanding a higher FPS and his wish is our command!!! Seriously he is looking to improve performance.
We have done some research and are struggling to find an improved card on the below that will fit into the desktop unit we have bought.
Having sought some initial advice we have been told to start over again. But I wanted to seek further advice.
The set up was not expensive to start with but we are not looking to spend ££££s and didn’t really want to just abandon what we have.
He has saved some money and wants to learn how to upgrade etc.

I have listed what I think could be relevant to aid in any advice.

Dell Optiplex 7010 DT
Core i5
8GB RAM
Windows 10
1TB +128 GB SSD

GRAPHICS CARD INSTALLED
2GB GT710 made by a company called Palit.
The card is narrow approx 60mm due to being a desktop pc.
It is approx 130mm long with the available space for length approx 240mm.
Appreciate any and all opinions.
Many thanks.

Associate
Without upgrading the power supply you're going to be limited to cards that don't require external power and just run off the motherboard. A used 1050Ti would be a decent upgrade

Associate
OP
ThanK you for the guidance.
Having a look now.
Appreciate your advice on what is probably quite basic knowledge for you guys.

Associate
Hello all,

**Novice Alert**

Having just joined the forums I am looking for some advice on upgrading a graphics card, we bought my son a gaming PC from eBay, he is now demanding a higher FPS and his wish is our command!!! Seriously he is looking to improve performance.
We have done some research and are struggling to find an improved card on the below that will fit into the desktop unit we have bought.
Having sought some initial advice we have been told to start over again. But I wanted to seek further advice.
The set up was not expensive to start with but we are not looking to spend ££££s and didn’t really want to just abandon what we have.
He has saved some money and wants to learn how to upgrade etc.

I have listed what I think could be relevant to aid in any advice.

Dell Optiplex 7010 DT
Core i5
8GB RAM
Windows 10
1TB +128 GB SSD

GRAPHICS CARD INSTALLED
2GB GT710 made by a company called Palit.
The card is narrow approx 60mm due to being a desktop pc.
It is approx 130mm long with the available space for length approx 240mm.
Appreciate any and all opinions.
Many thanks.

Just came across this video this morning and it reminded me of this post. This vid is for you!

Back
Top Bottom