• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card for 4k Monitor

Soldato
Will it not play games at all? or just at lower resolution?

You'll pretty much be playing games at 1080, wasting your 4k monitor for the most part tbh. Need to drop money on at least a 980Ti (or Fury), better 2 of them. 4k is a destroyer in games, think about how many pixels it has to push per frame

Soldato
You'll pretty much be playing games at 1080, wasting your 4k monitor for the most part tbh.

It's even worse than that, you'd expect running 1080 on a 4k monitor would just map 1 pixel to 4 but it doesn't it still interpolates so looks worse than the same size 1080p monitor.

Do not go 4k for gaming unless you have deep pockets.

Soldato
*shrug* my 4k looks fine at lower resolutions (I had to play at 1440 for a while before the Furys came out). Some monitors seem to do better than others at it, but you're very right about deep pockets :p

Soldato
*shrug* my 4k looks fine at lower resolutions (I had to play at 1440 for a while before the Furys came out). Some monitors seem to do better than others at it, but you're very right about deep pockets :p

Yeah just recently I tried 1440p on my 4k Acer and was pleasantly surprised.

Also this. 4k on 24" = OMG :eek:

Soldato
Didn't even look at the screen tbh. lol. Don't know why they make 4ks that small, 28" is the AAAAAAAAAAAAAABSOLUTE minimum, and that assumes you sit as close to it as I do ;D

Soldato
Didn't even look at the screen tbh. lol. Don't know why they make 4ks that small, 28" is the AAAAAAAAAAAAAABSOLUTE minimum, and that assumes you sit as close to it as I do ;D

I've got a 28" and when things go native (IE not made massive by Windows) I have to squint. I can't even imagine how it would be on a 24" lol.

Which begs the question, why? unless you can game at full pelt and make full use of the res it's kinda pointless because you can't possibly use it for text at its native res.

Soldato
Yeah just recently I tried 1440p on my 4k Acer and was pleasantly surprised.

Also this. 4k on 24" = OMG :eek:

I had a 26" 16:10 @ 1200p and text was hard to read at native resolution without scaling up, I can't even imagine what 4k would be like. Must be like undersized ants marching up the screen and icons/windows you'd need a magnifying glass to see.

Point is if you can't run a TFT monitor at native resolution... what is the point?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom