1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Graphics card for Counter strike...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by nutcase, 24 Jul 2006.

1. nutcase

Sgarrista

And to think I used to be fairly knowledgable about computers! Ok, my first question I hope you can help me with. What does a PCI-E slot look like compared to an AGP one? Because, oh the shame, I don't know what I've got :eek: All I know is the current card is a RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory 128Mb.

I want to change this because I'm having problems with overheating the thing when playing CSS. I guess once I know what card type I need, then I can start thinking about what to replace it with...

2. utherpendragon

Hitman

Yours is PCI-E as hypermemory (although technically possible) was never used on AGP systems.

3. t31os

Mobster

Circled in yellow is PCI-E, circled in red is AGP.

[​IMG]

4. t31os

Mobster

Oops, actually i think its the white slot next to the yellow thats PCI-E, noob mistake.......

Maybe i should of used 2 boards for the image instead of one that has both slots....

5. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

rofl

6. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

x1800xt for the win

7. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

Alternatively, you could tell us what motherboard you have and we'll tell you what slots it doth posses.

8. nutcase

Sgarrista

Cheers folks :)

Closest match (without taking the graphics card out, which would mean the pc would have to be off...) is the white one next to the yellow one. I also have one of the tiny ones next to that, is that a non-grpahics pci-e?

The comp I have is a cheapo dell dimension 5150. Motherboard model is "connolly". Apparently. Looking in there I have 4 slots. The two already mentioned and 2 pci. Hardly brimming with them :rolleyes:

Cheaperst one of those I've found so far is almost as much as I paid for the pc :eek: Anything for about £80?

Which of these 2 is better?

Sapphire X1600 Pro 256MB DDR2 AVIVO TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-117-SP)

BFG 3DFuzion GeForce 7600 GS 256MB DDR2 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-026-BG)

The only game I currently play is CS, and I'll never get seriously into it, so I don't *need* the best :)

9. Ender

Hitman

go for the 7600gs, the x1600 pro is a pretty bad card

10. nutcase

Sgarrista

Ta :)

Might see if I can find something in the US as I'm over there in a little while. if I can wait that long :D

11. Energize

Caporegime

Yeah the yellow one is for the am2 cpu upgrade card. ;)