• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Temps BFG GTX 260 OC 70 Degs!

Associate
hey guys,

just been playing fallout 3 mothership zeta on max for about 3 hours, and it crashed, not the first time, but its very intermitent. i dont know the standard underload temps for this card, ive had it a while and im just about to clean it. but i mean 70 degs...its a lot.

whats your opinions?

Thanks

D13

D13

Associate
70 degrees at load is absolutely fine. I oc'ed mine and it runs flawless at 86 under load.

Does this only happen in fallout 3 zeta?

If so is the game fully patched? is it a legitiamte version? Are drivers fully up to date?

Soldato
Localised memory or core overheating I reckon. Download and instal EVGA precision tool, unlink vore and shaders overclocking, set fan control to manual, set fan speed to about 65%-70% max, and you should be good to go. That crashing happens all the time with my 260 if I forget to increase fan speed to that value in EVGA precision tool. Give it a whirl and see how you get on.

Associate
OP
hey,

thanks a lot for the EVGA advice, seems like a really good idea. while i was cleaning the case etc out i busted my cpu cooler, now i have to get another, fail. any ideas on that, something under £20

Soldato
hey,

thanks a lot for the EVGA advice, seems like a really good idea. while i was cleaning the case etc out i busted my cpu cooler, now i have to get another, fail. any ideas on that, something under £20

Akasa AK-965 cooler LGA775, £12.98 exclluding delivery. (assuming you've got one of those sockets. Used a few of these in the past, very good cooler, quiet and cheap:)

Back
Top Bottom