Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 14th Sep 2020]

Caporegime
It would be nice for Managers to actually coach players into being better than just replacing them. Zouma, Rudiger, Tomori etc all young and should able to be worked with into better players.

Even Kepa, I mean it can't be just his fault that Chelsea are terrible at defending corners. Get better coaches, better than ****ing Jody Morris
When Arteta joined, he brought in Steve Round as a coach, a former full back who has a lot of experience coaching. People can plaud Arteta, but I feel he’s the one who has made the difference.

Don
Lallana broken again. Feel sorry for him but not surprised, he's made out of paper.

10 months as a midfielder under Klopp ruined him. It's a shame because those were probably the best 10 months of his career. When Klopp first paired him and Gini in midfield I was more than a little concerned but both thrived
Even Kepa, I mean it can't be just his fault that Chelsea are terrible at defending corners.
To be fair it is kind of Kepa's fault that he can't save a ****ing thing. He's genuinely the worst keeper in the League, in fact I'm struggling to think of many keepers in the past 10 years that struggles to make basic saves like he does. Maybe Brad Jones who had a terrible habit of diving the wrong way but he didn't cost £70m.

Caporegime
10 months as a midfielder under Klopp ruined him. It's a shame because those were probably the best 10 months of his career. When Klopp first paired him and Gini in midfield I was more than a little concerned but both thrived
Definitely. The universal praise he got for buying in to Klopp's methodology and putting the team before himself undoubtedly inspired everyone around him at great personal cost. Probably why I got so tired of seeing Sturridge standing on the spot when a player with just as many injuries was willing to track back all the way in to our box and win the ball back.

Don
It wasn't just the way he bought into the idea but he was so much more effective playing in a deeper role. In the previous 15 months or so, playing as a number 10 or wide in attack, it was really hard to judge him because he never played badly but equally he struggled to effect the game from those attacking positions - he was neat & tidy, linked well with players around him but lacked the pace and that spark to really be effective. An 8 in our midfield back then was made for him though. As you say, he really bought into Klopp's pressing and was often the trigger for our press and then in possession he would be the link between our midfield and attack without the pressure of needing to be a goal threat himselft. That said, from the deeper role he seemed to find getting into the box and scoring easier too - iirc he scored 7 goals in the first half of that season and then the injuries started coming.

Man of Honour
The single overwhelming image of Lallana that will always stick in my mind, is the one from one of Klopps early Liverpool games when Lallana was substituted toward the end of the game and could barely walk to Klopp and almost collapsed into Klopps arms. The guy had given absolutely everything for Klopp in that game, run himself into the ground. I'll forever have respect for Lallana for that moment.

Back
Top Bottom