Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th-19th Oct 2020]

Don
No ill feeling to Oliver, he's class and he did nothing wrong. Richarlison did Thiago on purpose imo but Pickford's just got a body that's slower than his brain so he'll always react too late. Won't be the last time he seriously injures someone. Coote however is just incompetent and shouldn't be allowed to be the VAR ref ever again.
Pickford is brainless and makes rash decisions and unfortunately keepers are given license to make crazy challenges. Look at some of the stuff Ederson has done without being punished.
Bold decision then I guess, do you have any young defenders that might get promoted to the senior team?
It's not really that bold, it's just a choice of what's better for you. I mentioned in during the summer, Klopp always wants lots of midfield options that are able to cover other positions rather than have players not good enough as 4th and 5th choices. Instead of signing Thiago we could have easily gone out and spent £20m on a CB and lets be honest, most CB's, even £40m+ ones, are ****. Would we be better off now had we done that? The worst case scenario has happened and we're left with an extra world class midfielder and Fabinho now becoming a regular CB option. The alternative would have been no Thiago, meaning Fabinho staying as a regular midfield option and a questionable 4th choice CB.

Caporegime
No ill feeling to Oliver, he's class and he did nothing wrong. Richarlison did Thiago on purpose imo but Pickford's just got a body that's slower than his brain so he'll always react too late. Won't be the last time he seriously injures someone. Coote however is just incompetent and shouldn't be allowed to be the VAR ref ever again.

Oliver is looking directly at the VVD but irrespective of that he let the game get out of control with the niggly **** going on

Think that was the injury I was critical of his club team mate being annoyed at the ref for whipping out a red originally? Don't recall mocking it.

(Also guess the 'worse' is a bit too literal for this place, Richarlison is the only one deserving of an actual equal event)

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty mild compared to what Pickford and his family will receive. At the end of the day it wasn’t a malicious challenge and it’s a game. If players can accept it and move on, then I’m sure other grown men can do the same.
Albeit the fact that what has been universally condemned as a shocking challenge and which has likely affected not only the match but the entire season will go unpunished rankles.

Caporegime
Albeit the fact that what has been universally condemned as a shocking challenge and which has likely affected not only the match but the entire season will go unpunished rankles.
Could still face a 3 game ban but I expect the FA to close ranks and say there was nothing wrong with any decision.

For anyone interested, this is Billy the Kid stood behind a 6ft 1 Salzburg player :cool:

Soldato
Well dijk done for season thanks to ****ford :( :(

Least Fabinho is a quality step in and Rhys Williams (I think his name is) did okay in his brief appearances

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Not just saying it through arsenal bias, but Martinez has been such a good signing for you. Makes the defence look so much more solid.

He's been superb. Tried our hand with too many keepers over the last 3 seasons and none seemed to work. He's fit in so well. Fewest goals conceded, best goal difference, 100% record. I'm going to enjoy this run while it lasts :p

Back
Top Bottom