Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 23rd Feb 2021]

Soldato
Darlow once again.

oof for once this feels undeserved
The tactic of work hard and press, win turnover and set pieces looked encouraging for 60 minutes. However they need to be able to play more football with the ball and I don't see who is going to orchestrate that. Shelvey is pretty poor really. To think he was an England international at one point. Maybe they are missing Longstaff but he's not so much a ball playing midfielder is he? Almiron worked hard but with no reward. Darlow def at fault for the 1st but not the second imo

fez

fez

Caporegime
The Rashford penalty was a bit soft but he did make contact twice and players are conditioned to go down as soon as they feel contact. You can never be sure how much that contact actually would have affected the chance if Rashford tried to go on but you can guarantee that he wouldn't have got a penalty if he had recovered and not got a goal. The current way penalties are given is not how I would enforce the rule but at least this penalty was a result of direct contact from the defender rather than a striker forcing contact.

I gave up after the first half honestly. Watching us at the moment is just frustrating. We are getting outplayed by **** teams and I'm getting bored of it. Still waiting for the time when Fernandes gets injured. Whenever we try and rest him we seem to end up with him on to save the game in the last 30 minutes. Still haven't seen anything to convince myself that Ole is the man to take us anywhere near to competing with the likes of Liverpool and City. We're be flattered by the bad seasons the other teams in the traditional top 6 are having.

Soldato
The Rashford penalty was a bit soft but he did make contact twice and players are conditioned to go down as soon as they feel contact. You can never be sure how much that contact actually would have affected the chance if Rashford tried to go on but you can guarantee that he wouldn't have got a penalty if he had recovered and not got a goal. The current way penalties are given is not how I would enforce the rule but at least this penalty was a result of direct contact from the defender rather than a striker forcing contact.

I gave up after the first half honestly. Watching us at the moment is just frustrating. We are getting outplayed by **** teams and I'm getting bored of it. Still waiting for the time when Fernandes gets injured. Whenever we try and rest him we seem to end up with him on to save the game in the last 30 minutes. Still haven't seen anything to convince myself that Ole is the man to take us anywhere near to competing with the likes of Liverpool and City. We're be flattered by the bad seasons the other teams in the traditional top 6 are having.

Its the fact he carries on and his legs drop for no reason that is the issue. Stills show their feet were side by side aswell. When you have Maguire doing what he did in the first half to Lachelles the officials need to be questioned. Its the smallest of contact if anything on Rashford but its absolutely massive on Lachelles.

Caporegime
That Rashford got a penalty for his which was hardly anything and TAA got one given against hgim for nothing also shows how bad refereeing in this League is.

Caporegime
Amusingly about 5 mins before Rashford was fouled on the edge of the box. He tried to stay on his feet and as a result lost the ball to a second player....no freekick was given. It was a pretty clear penalty.

Soldato
Just seen the penalty...deary me. I'm all for players going down easily as you have to but that's shocking.

Another soft pen.

Yep pen none the less.

This right here chaps. This is the post you need to refer back to whenever omnomnom starts bleating about any other penalty (as he constantly does), and claiming it's ridiculous that Salah gets labelled a diver.

;)

Soldato
Amusingly about 5 mins before Rashford was fouled on the edge of the box. He tried to stay on his feet and as a result lost the ball to a second player....no freekick was given. It was a pretty clear penalty.

Their feet are side by side...it's a dive. The scream must have sold it to the ref.

There's nearly a yard between any "contact" and when he goes down. He takes a step and both his feet go lmao.

fez

fez

Caporegime
That Rashford got a penalty for his which was hardly anything and TAA got one given against hgim for nothing also shows how bad refereeing in this League is.

The TAA one is a hard one. If you fly in to tackle someone and miss the ball and the player falls over because they are trying to vault your body its a foul. You have impeded them through your actions. Thats a foul.

The Rashford one is soft and he does what all forwards do, exaggerate it, tuck and roll. There was contact though and it wasn't initiated by Rashford. Thats unfortunately a penalty in this day and age.

Back
Top Bottom