1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 23rd Feb 2021]

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by explicit4u, 18 Feb 2021.

1. Calpol

Wise Guy

The tactic of work hard and press, win turnover and set pieces looked encouraging for 60 minutes. However they need to be able to play more football with the ball and I don't see who is going to orchestrate that. Shelvey is pretty poor really. To think he was an England international at one point. Maybe they are missing Longstaff but he's not so much a ball playing midfielder is he? Almiron worked hard but with no reward. Darlow def at fault for the 1st but not the second imo

2. adam cool dude

Capodecina

I am not so sure he was a beast in his first season under LVG at a similar age. Ran past players like they were standing still.

Greenwoods finishing is up there as the best but from pure talent Martial is the best on paper. He is 25 now so I guess he will never get that drive he needs.

3. adam cool dude

Capodecina

Luke Shaw has to be number one pick for left back at the Euro's this summer.

4. MissChief

Capodecina

Shaw on the left, TAA on the right (despite his poor form atm) and AWB as backup. Looks like Chilwell isn’t liked by Tuchel, he hasn’t played since he took over AFAIK.

5. Calpol

Wise Guy

Shoretire looks like he's yet to get his first pube. Nice moment for the lad

6. adam cool dude

Capodecina

It is crazy to think he is only 4 years older than my daughter. That makes me feel old!

7. vanandjuanunited

Soldato

Harry Maguire masterclass. No doubt about the result. Ole at the wheel:o

8. JordanPickford

Sgarrista

Just seen the penalty...deary me. I'm all for players going down easily as you have to but that's shocking.

9. adam cool dude

Capodecina

You are proper salty these days. I preferred it when Liverpool were winning.

10. JordanPickford

Sgarrista

God forbid anyone criticises a United decision. Are you actually saying he didn't dive? Lachelles being elbowed by Maguire in the box is presumably ok aswell?

11. JordanPickford

Sgarrista

Another clearer angle shows it isnt an elbow but like the pundits said. Thats a shocking decision. To not even look at it is just lol.

12. fez

Capodecina

The Rashford penalty was a bit soft but he did make contact twice and players are conditioned to go down as soon as they feel contact. You can never be sure how much that contact actually would have affected the chance if Rashford tried to go on but you can guarantee that he wouldn't have got a penalty if he had recovered and not got a goal. The current way penalties are given is not how I would enforce the rule but at least this penalty was a result of direct contact from the defender rather than a striker forcing contact.

I gave up after the first half honestly. Watching us at the moment is just frustrating. We are getting outplayed by **** teams and I'm getting bored of it. Still waiting for the time when Fernandes gets injured. Whenever we try and rest him we seem to end up with him on to save the game in the last 30 minutes. Still haven't seen anything to convince myself that Ole is the man to take us anywhere near to competing with the likes of Liverpool and City. We're be flattered by the bad seasons the other teams in the traditional top 6 are having.

13. JordanPickford

Sgarrista

Its the fact he carries on and his legs drop for no reason that is the issue. Stills show their feet were side by side aswell. When you have Maguire doing what he did in the first half to Lachelles the officials need to be questioned. Its the smallest of contact if anything on Rashford but its absolutely massive on Lachelles.

14. MissChief

Capodecina

That Rashford got a penalty for his which was hardly anything and TAA got one given against hgim for nothing also shows how bad refereeing in this League is.

15. Moothead2

Sgarrista

"Nothing", also known as sliding in front of an onrushing player about to score a tap in and bringing him down.

16. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Amusingly about 5 mins before Rashford was fouled on the edge of the box. He tried to stay on his feet and as a result lost the ball to a second player....no freekick was given. It was a pretty clear penalty.

17. bazzabear

Mobster

;)

18. JordanPickford

Sgarrista

Nice one...he still dives to the floor with very little contact.

Remember when Salah does it he disgraces Nobby Stiles memory so i expect better from the English lads

19. JordanPickford

Sgarrista

Their feet are side by side...it's a dive. The scream must have sold it to the ref.

There's nearly a yard between any "contact" and when he goes down. He takes a step and both his feet go lmao.

20. fez

Capodecina

The TAA one is a hard one. If you fly in to tackle someone and miss the ball and the player falls over because they are trying to vault your body its a foul. You have impeded them through your actions. Thats a foul.

The Rashford one is soft and he does what all forwards do, exaggerate it, tuck and roll. There was contact though and it wasn't initiated by Rashford. Thats unfortunately a penalty in this day and age.