Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [25th-28th Sep 2020]

Soldato
With the amount of possession and chances liverpool had last night under previous managers we would have got hammered

we are clearly together as a unit than we were before and arteta is clearly doing work but it doesnt happen overnight

we are going in the right direction

Don
The performance and result was near identical to last season's game under Emery. Arsenal set up the exact same way last season, looking to defend deep and hit us on the counter. The only difference was last season Arsenal didn't get the first goal, although Adrian tried his best to help you with that but thankfully Auba wasted the chance.
Arsenal tactics worked before, cant fault them for trying it again. They could have lost by a hatful of goals if they went toe to toe with Liverpool.
The tactics of Liverpool gifting them goals and missing loads of chances? I'm not sure that was ever a sustainable game plan although when Robertson set-up Laca it was fearing the worst.

Don
I said expect to be destroyed. Of course everything can go for/against the opposition/us and the outcome be different. Everything Leeds hit ended up in the goal, we missed a few chances and still ended up winning with 20+ attempts on goal to Leeds' 6.

Soldato
With the amount of possession and chances liverpool had last night under previous managers we would have got hammered

we are clearly together as a unit than we were before and arteta is clearly doing work but it doesnt happen overnight

we are going in the right direction

Us missing chances had nothing to do with Arteta lol. I do think hes moving you forward but that last night was poor.

Don
As above, last seasons performance under Emery was near identical to last nights. It's not a criticism of Arteta, there's just no right way to play against us. You can sit back and try to play on the break but the likelihood is we'll just grind you down and VVD will deal with any long balls or counter attacks you can come up with or you can roll the dice and try to play an open game.

Arteta was very honest in his post game interview, he literally said that we're so hard to play against because we dominate every area of the pitch. He gave the example of the difficulties of trying to play on the front foot and press us - he said you can do all the right things in pressing us and stopping us from playing out from the back but then VVD will ping a 60 yard pass onto Salah's chest and you're in trouble.

Don
It was, with a yellow card. He didn't elbow him, he stupidly and over forcefully sticks his forearm into him to push him away and shield the ball. It was reckless, not violent.

Don
It was a deliberate action, although I'm not sure he expected to catch him in the face. It wasn't violent though. He wasn't looking to hit him but to push him away and shield the ball, hence why it was reckless and a booking and not violent conduct and a red card.

Don
I suspected this might have been the case. He was pictured training on Friday and the club gave no detail on why he was unavailable yesterday. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery and he's back after the international break.

Back
Top Bottom