Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th - 2nd July 2020]

Caporegime
Bit harsh on Poch!

He overachieved by the results we achieved relative to the resources we expended. Consistent CL qualification and strong league finishes outperformed the budget (both salary cap and bet expenditure) he had available.

Budget and salary aside, we had the best two of the best fullbacks in the league, arguably the best CB pairing, two of the leagues best holding midfielders in Wanyama and Dembele and an in form Kane and Dele. It's absolutely criminal nothing was won.

It's sad to see that since the 4-1 defeat of Liverpool back in October 2017, they cashed in on a key player to rebuild the squad around new signings, won the UCL and league and we've gone backwards.

Soldato
Budget and salary aside, we had the best two of the best fullbacks in the league, arguably the best CB pairing, two of the leagues best holding midfielders in Wanyama and Dembele and an in form Kane and Dele. It's absolutely criminal nothing was won.

It's sad to see that since the 4-1 defeat of Liverpool back in October 2017, they cashed in on a key player to rebuild the squad around new signings, won the UCL and league and we've gone backwards.
There was no depth because he was asked to choose between mediocrity or nothing when he asked to expand the squad. He saw that mediocrity bred malcontent (njie, nkoudou, Jansen) and changed to only signing what he saw as improvements.

You can't win anything without depth and Poch was working with a 15 man squad

Soldato
I don't think its a coincidence that just about every ex pro I hear talk says KDB is about the best they have seen in his position in years. I think they have better appreciation of what he is doing so effortlessly week in week out at a high level. Even on Crouches podcast this week he talked about him being on another planet and how he'd loved to have played with him. Danny Murphys comments, I know didn't do down well when he said the liverpool midfield weren't fit to lace his boots in relation to the guard of honour. I don't think he's over hyped at all, I'd say the opposite considering the years he's been at that level, it's only this year they are really talking about it. I can't think of anyone better.

Depends on your definition of rebuilding, from the position he took the clubs he had you are always adding players and adjusting the system. How many years do you have to stay at a club to rebuild. Anyway who gives a toss, if I was a fan I'd prefer a manager that comes in and gets results with what I had that was under performing than 'rebuild'. Rebuilding is another football fan throw away comment and takes no notice of all the rebuilding in system and style of play and every thing else going on behind the scenes.
He might be...but dont make out like a 20 yard pass is better then it is.

Back
Top Bottom