Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd-4th Oct 2020]

Caporegime
Needlessly apologising for a comment Souness made earlier.

Sooner they get rid of dinosaurs like him the better, caught out making a blatant lazy assumption based on someone's nationality.

Had enough of Sky in general TBH, having to listen to MU Fan TV for the Spurs game having to listen to various ex player continually moan about their old club rather than giving any meaningful insight or analysis. Hardly any credit to Spurs, just Evra throwing a wobbly.

The whole coverage is just about getting little snippets up for social media impressions, so glad they don't get a penny from me.

Associate
lose against Everton in the same manner and all of a sudden questions start getting asked about Klopp and the team.

Anyone seriously questioning Klopp after a couple of losses after the season he's had a the team built on the spend is well, in need of help. Every team in the world would take Klopp instantly even if he loses the next 8 games. This morning I was listening to the idiots that phoned in talksport last night seriously saying Klopp should go and the evidence was there in the Watford loss last season.

The only people wanting Klopp seriously to go are the opposition. United lost occasionally. Like 5-0 to chelsea or 5-0 to newcastle but still won the title. Liverpool will still win this comfortably, still head and shoulders better than even City.

Soldato
Ah man, I went to bed in a huff (well after some dinner, wine and pointless chat on Zoom) after Utd's awful showing. I wouldn't have had so many jolty moments and cold sweats if I'd know Liverpool had got their bottoms spanked by Villa. Boooooo.

Soldato
Ah man, I went to bed in a huff (well after some dinner, wine and pointless chat on Zoom) after Utd's awful showing. I wouldn't have had so many jolty moments and cold sweats if I'd know Liverpool had got their bottoms spanked by Villa. Boooooo.

Heh, it certainly took the heat off me although I was fairly restrained in my response to Pool fans.

Caporegime
Anyone seriously questioning Klopp after a couple of losses after the season he's had a the team built on the spend is well, in need of help. Every team in the world would take Klopp instantly even if he loses the next 8 games. This morning I was listening to the idiots that phoned in talksport last night seriously saying Klopp should go and the evidence was there in the Watford loss last season.

The only people wanting Klopp seriously to go are the opposition. United lost occasionally. Like 5-0 to chelsea or 5-0 to newcastle but still won the title. Liverpool will still win this comfortably, still head and shoulders better than even City.
No one in their right mind will be asking for Klopp to go unless we get relegated, so that isn't happening, but questions should be asked about why he's persisting with such a high line, when we've conceded on average 2 goals a game since the restart, and why he didn't react during the game yesterday when every man and his dog could see Villa were beating our entire backline with a single ball. What makes it worse is that Adrian is scared to leave his goal line, unlike Alisson who's happy to play halfway up the field to make clearances, so it's a recipe for disaster. Villa could've easily hit double figures had their finishing been better last night.

Klopp's an incredibly stubborn manager and only appears to make tactical changes between seasons which is one of the reasons he's been so successful but also one of the reasons his time at Dortmund ended as it did. He stuck to the same formation and same style of football when Dortmund went through a massive injury crisis and the players that came in weren't up to the job. Rather than change things to suit the players he had, he allowed them to take multiple hammerings which ended up with them in the relegation zone halfway through the season and only finishing 7th at the end.

With a full team to pick from there's no issue and we can continue as we are but when we're slightly weaker in one or two positions we're worryingly easy to get at and Villa have now highlighted that to every team. Sit back, defend deep and look for the diagonal over the top.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime

Exactly. Klopp is still arguably the most in demand and best manager in the world right now. He made Liverpool the best side in the world with hardly any spend and in the most competitive league in the world. Liverpools squad is still lacking in top quality in various positions but Klopp managed to coach them to a point where the weakness of an individual was almost completely negated by the strength of the team. Liverpool have probably 7/8 really top class players that would perform in any team. The rest of them just complement the style of play perfectly.

I would take Klopp at United in an instant and I would still take him in an instant if Pool finished mid table.

Back
Top Bottom