Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th Apr - 2nd May 2021]

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I think a red is fair, he gets the ball but Vardy is still going to get onto it from that touch he got and he's brought down.

Not sure why he didn't leave the pitch though after treatment, unless that's changed?

Soldato
Not watching but read that apparently it was given for denial of a goal scoring opportunity? How does that work if he won the ball? It's like they're having a competition to see who can get away with the weirdest VAR decision of the season :p

Soldato
Not watching but read that apparently it was given for denial of a goal scoring opportunity? How does that work if he won the ball? It's like they're having a competition to see who can get away with the weirdest VAR decision of the season :p

He didn't win the ball.

Don
For it to be a red card, for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity, you have to be all but certain that Vardy is getting the ball and I don't think it's even likely that he is. The ball was won and diverted out of Vardy's path and the keeper was most likely to get to the ball. If he has been sent off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity then it's a ridiculously harsh decision.

Hopefully the suspension stands though, Southampton's next game is vs us.

Soldato
I think given his momentum he gets the ball as the gk is standing but you are right you can't really tell. If the ref gave a red onfield it's an umpires call for me.

Back
Top Bottom