Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [9th - 12th April 2021]

Don
You can never say never, particularly this season but that's probably Spurs' hopes of making top 4 gone and it's difficult to see where they go from here. They've never been further away from the top in the past 5-6 years as they are now and it looks like a lot of **** will hit the fan this summer. Mourinho will surely be off this summer and that will lead to another period of transition and a massive challenge keeping Kane. Ultimately I think he'll stay, mainly because I don't see who pays the fee it would take for Spurs to sell him but you couldn't blame him if the reports are true and he wants to leave - he's carried this team this season and he's approaching the last 3-4 years of his peak with little hope of ever winning a major trophy.
But you thought about saying it, which is as good as, in my books :p
I should really ban a Manc or two to balance things out :p

Soldato
Classic Jose on VAR

"Pogba should have been sent off"

What about the soft disallowed goal in your favour?

"I don't know anything anymore"

Soldato
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Sport:

"Credit to the opponent. They have good players and lots of quality. They have incredible physicality in midfield.

"In the second half the things went against us too. They score but our reaction deserves a second goal. Then they score a second but our reaction deserves a second goal too.

"We lost but I praise my players. We have no complaints. For me it’s very difficult for me to analyse games with the media. I am always criticized when I try to analyse so I prefer to be general.

"To be general, I think we lost against a very good team. I praise my players and my compliments to United."

I think people sometimes forget that the ugly stuff done in midfield by the likes of McSauce and Fred sometimes makes a difference in frustrating the opponent. They aren't the best but I credit them for that second half performance especially after the midweek. Spurs look a bit lost under Mourinho. The one thing Ole has improved about United is the spirit and resilience of the team. You can't say that we are seeing that with Spurs - Poch had it with them but it's not there now.

Don
Classic Jose on VAR

"Pogba should have been sent off"

What about the soft disallowed goal in your favour?

"I don't know anything anymore"
He has no shame :D

It's like when his teams win, he refers to it as his win but when the team loses, it's their loss not his.

Soldato
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Sport:

"Credit to the opponent. They have good players and lots of quality. They have incredible physicality in midfield.

"In the second half the things went against us too. They score but our reaction deserves a second goal. Then they score a second but our reaction deserves a second goal too.

"We lost but I praise my players. We have no complaints. For me it’s very difficult for me to analyse games with the media. I am always criticized when I try to analyse so I prefer to be general.

"To be general, I think we lost against a very good team. I praise my players and my compliments to United."

I think people sometimes forget that the ugly stuff done in midfield by the likes of McSauce and Fred sometimes makes a difference in frustrating the opponent. They aren't the best but I credit them for that second half performance especially after the midweek. Spurs look a bit lost under Mourinho. The one thing Ole has improved about United is the spirit and resilience of the team. You can't say that we are seeing that with Spurs - Poch had it with them but it's not there now.

Valid points you make there and I do agree with the bold items in particular. The question is, can we push on to the next level under Ole? That's a discussion for the MUFC club thread.

Caporegime
Valid points you make there and I do agree with the bold items in particular. The question is, can we push on to the next level under Ole? That's a discussion for the MUFC club thread.

From a transfer view we could potentially get money for Lingard. Sell De Gea perhaps even Martial. Glazers need to give him a proper window to get a top tier CF and CDM in the form of Declan Rice. I think that is all we need to be serious challengers for next season.

If you take out horrible ref decisions against Sheffield and West Brom we would be within 4 points of City bar winning our game in hand.

Back
Top Bottom