Group of lads jumped on my new car last night

Soldato
Well.....I guess a good place to start is at the begining,

22:15 last night my neghbours started banging on the front door and ringing the doorbell. Turns out a few minutes earlier they witnessed a car pulling up outside my house, a young lad jumped out and proceeded to jump all over my new car :( whilst the rest of them video'd it on their phones.

Amazingly, no damage was done....how, I honestly don't know. The car I have is very weak and can damage easily.

My neighbours have identied the car in question (the idiot only lives around the corner), and I spotted it this morning and took a photo of his numberplate.

There is a co-cop opposite and I have submitted a CCTV request to see if they have managed to record anything.

I've also just this minute installed a nest security camera covering off the driveway.

Question....if I manage to get enough information do I go to the police, or could it end up making matters worse. The last thing I want is for them to comeback (or a friend), and mark the car for a future keying!

Bloody idiots!!

Hopefully the camera stops anything like that from happening again.

Caporegime
As no damage was caused I would probably just leave it for now. Those types don't like the police knocking on the door and will see you as a "snitch" from then on which could see them targetting you or your property.

I hope it was worth their 5 minutes of fame on TikTok or whatever, they need shooting with ****.

Soldato
OP
I really wish I could park it in my garage, but to cut a long story short, when we bought the property the builders gave us a nice few grand as the angle of entry was very tight, and at the time we were happy.

Might get a few quotes to see how much it would cost to extend out to a double garage so we can get the car in. Thinking a good £10k though.

Soldato
Soldato
Because it looks smart...folk are jealous/just *********

There is that I agree but often there are other details that get left out or forgotten because they were totally innocuous. Say for example OP drove past them and they felt he should have let them out or something, they may get triggered by that and use that as an excuse next time they see the car. Not saying it wasn't 'jealousy' but I feel it's usually more than that.

Soldato
OP
There is that I agree but often there are other details that get left out or forgotten because they were totally innocuous. Say for example OP drove past them and they felt he should have let them out or something, they may get triggered by that and use that as an excuse next time they see the car. Not saying it wasn't 'jealousy' but I feel it's usually more than that.

I've hardly left the house in three months :p

Associate
Definitely follow this up with the Police OP, you know where the car resides, there is potential for CCTV through a FOI request with Co-op. Don't let them get away with it.

My anxiety would be through the roof parking outside either way now and I would be looking into making my garage useable if I were in your position.

Lovely car by the way.

Back
Top Bottom