Group of lads jumped on my new car last night

Soldato
They closed a case for me not long back with 2 witnesses and cctv footage as 'insufficient evidence'. The officer who attended to collect my footage also knew the offender.

I'd love to give the details of a case that was closed at work with no effort whatsoever but obviously can't. It's along similar lines to yours.

Soldato
Maybe he was just on drugs?

A couple of years after I'd installed cctv cameras because of another situation, at night this lad walked up the road to my house, went down the side of the car, opened the side gate and opened one of the doors to the outhouse where I have an old fridge working. He took one of the shelves that had food in it and walked back down the road in the direction he came from.

I have a feeling I've seen him since then. But nothing happened since the incident. I'm thinking he was on drugs. I doubt he would even know I had a fridge in that outhouse as you can't see it from the road, especially if the door is open as it blocks the view.

Maybe just save any footage with it dated for future use.

Soldato
OP
Just to play "devils advocate" for a second - Even a 7 year old "jumping up and down" on a modern car WILL damage it and leave shoe prints on it never mind an adult.

Are you absolutely sure that someone has jumped on your car (any footprints, dents, scuffs etc) and that your neighbour hasn't made a mistake and seen the guy stood on the top of the tyres, rather than on the car body?

There isn't a single mark on it, but they were adamant one lad ran over the car.

Soldato
A teenage girl is quite a different prospect to potentially violent lads and their mates.

Do you live in a rough area OP? Either way the people who did this are utter scummers.

Agreed with others, I've had quite a few encounters with the Police in recent years and they are so useless that is not worth bothering. If they even turn up they will just ask the neighbours if they saw anything and if there is any CCTV. If not, case closed.

That's why I said sort them out yourself. Pointless calling the police for this stuff now, but if you can find them and scare them to death they won't do it again...

Associate
Just to play "devils advocate" for a second - Even a 7 year old "jumping up and down" on a modern car WILL damage it and leave shoe prints on it never mind an adult.

Are you absolutely sure that someone has jumped on your car (any footprints, dents, scuffs etc) and that your neighbour hasn't made a mistake and seen the guy stood on the top of the tyres, rather than on the car body?
My thoughts as well. Because modern cars, just a little tap on them, you get a dent.

Soldato
OP
My thoughts as well. Because modern cars, just a little tap on them, you get a dent.

They are really nice neighbours, mother and son. They both came out at ten o'clock last night in the dark to let me know. That said, the car is absolutely fine.

I've just been round to see them. They went through the whole thing again and didn't come across as making it up. They said he was a big bloke.

Hopefully the coop CCTV will show something up.

It is strange though as these cars are incredibly weak and will dent very easily.

Associate
They are really nice neighbours, mother and son. They both came out at ten o'clock last night in the dark to let me know. That said, the car is absolutely fine.

I've just been round to see them. They went through the whole thing again and didn't come across as making it up. They said he was a big bloke.

Hopefully the coop CCTV will show something up.

It is strange though as these cars are incredibly weak and will dent very easily.
Mind you, I have a 2012 plate Ford and I have sat my daughter on its bonnet a few times and she's about 25kgs in weight so could be possible. I think really it's not a matter of damage or not but rather why would someone do that and they only live round the corner.

I'm hoping he's just an idiot as opposed to actually someone targeting you....

Soldato
OP
Mind you, I have a 2012 plate Ford and I have sat my daughter on its bonnet a few times and she's about 25kgs in weight so could be possible. I think really it's not a matter of damage or not but rather why would someone do that and they only live round the corner.

I'm hoping he's just an idiot as opposed to actually someone targeting you....

We keep ourselves to ourselves, only our direct neighbours really know us

I am amazed there isn't any damage

Soldato
I moved to an isolated farmhouse with my girlfriend and within weeks, local ruffians keyed my Sunbeam Alpine. A few weeks later, our cat went missing and my girlfriend was distraught. We were having work done on our house and one evening we both went to a local pub for dinner. A group of ruffians at the bar started making sexual comments to my girlfriend, saying things like, "Oi, darling. Get 'em out!"
One of the oiks came over to out table, leaned across me and asked my girlfriend what her name was and where she was from. This went on for about fifteen minutes until our food arrived. They started playing pool and being really loud. We had our food and left. When we were just about to start the car, one of the louts jumped on to the roof and started jumping up and down. This went on for about ten minutes and only stopped because the landlord came out to see what all the commotion was about. The next day, one of the workmen who was working in our house turned up in a van with two labourers,who turned out to be the guys from the pub. Later that afternoon, my girlfriend was cornered on the stairs by one of the guys and he put his hand up her blouse. I wasn't best pleased, and ask him to leave the house. And then they killed my cat and hung it in a tree.

You signed up six months ago and waited all this time to post that as your first post?

Who are you then?

Soldato
I moved to an isolated farmhouse with my girlfriend and within weeks, local ruffians keyed my Sunbeam Alpine. A few weeks later, our cat went missing and my girlfriend was distraught. We were having work done on our house and one evening we both went to a local pub for dinner. A group of ruffians at the bar started making sexual comments to my girlfriend, saying things like, "Oi, darling. Get 'em out!"
One of the oiks came over to out table, leaned across me and asked my girlfriend what her name was and where she was from. This went on for about fifteen minutes until our food arrived. They started playing pool and being really loud. We had our food and left. When we were just about to start the car, one of the louts jumped on to the roof and started jumping up and down. This went on for about ten minutes and only stopped because the landlord came out to see what all the commotion was about. The next day, one of the workmen who was working in our house turned up in a van with two labourers,who turned out to be the guys from the pub. Later that afternoon, my girlfriend was cornered on the stairs by one of the guys and he put his hand up her blouse. I wasn't best pleased, and ask him to leave the house. And then they killed my cat and hung it in a tree.

5sJTglQ.gif

Caporegime

giphy.gif

Soldato

You been watching too much youtube?

Man of Honour
A tricky one. CCTV isn’t a bad shout. We’ve had a few issues and I like the idea of it. That said, we had some kids vandalise some of our Christmas lights and they were oblivious to the cameras. I of course go overboard and place a couple of broken broom handles hidden in the hedge by the front door that I can grab if they return, but they didn’t. The police eventually caught them due to lots of people having similar evidence - of course being kids little happened other than being outsourced to an agency.

Other than cctv it’s probably best left alone. I would have to restrain myself hard from retaliation if it were mine though. Crazy stuff like driving and visibly slowing outside their house, following them in he car - they’d soon get freaked out.

Back
Top Bottom