Group of lads jumped on my new car last night

Soldato
OP
I just can't understand why they would do this. It was clearly targeted.

As other posters have mentioned, I'm surprised there's no damage to the car given he's a big person. Are you sure you're not fooling yourself into saying there is no damage (e.g. to avoid the hassle of getting it repaired)?

From your posts, you seem more concerned about the car than getting justice. Based on this, I'd install CCTV and a security light to deter them whilst waiting to get the garage sorted. In any case, I wouldn't recommend taking matters into your own hands by going around there/letter box justice/shoe on roof/etc, especially not when you're dealing with somebody who clearly has a lot less to lose than you do.

No, there literally isn't a single mark on it. No dents, no footprints, no scratches....there's nothing. I'm waiting for the co-op to come back to me first before deciding what to do. CCTV has already been installed, I think I did mention this a few pages back.
I got a nest cam, which seems to be pretty good.

The neighbours identified the car, I've seen it and have his numberplate. Imagine the co-ops CCTV comes back and says there was no car between 22:00-22:15. Things would definately take a turn then.

Soldato
doesn't it have a shock sensor on alarm that would have been set off, too ?

AFAIK they dont even fit them to cars anymore, same with glass break sensors. Most modern car alarms are pathetic :\

On many you can actually break a side window and reach in without setting it off.

Soldato
I had a similar experience a number of years ago. Left my car in the works car park and when I came back the next morning someone had jumped on the bonnet and roof. Was completely caved in.

Had to get it repaired on the insurance. I had 3 claims with that car in the space of 2 years - all of them from other people damaging it while I wasn't with the car. :(

Soldato
I've had cola poured all over my car and kids jumping on it etc, it's what they do,end of the day the police are of little deterrent to them.

We have a group in our village who have had the police knuckle wrap them and warned...day later outside the shops causing havoc and mischief again....

Go and sort their car out...

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I've had cola poured all over my car and kids jumping on it etc, it's what they do,end of the day the police are of little deterrent to them.

I find this sort of comment to be quite sad, that this is accepted in some places. You hear about it on the news that some areas are bad, but behaviour like that is certainly not the norm. There is no way that a parent in my village would be anything other than mortified if their child behaved like that, i include myself in that.

Associate
Definitely report it OP. it's very likely nothing will come of it but you never know - it might be one of many complaints against the same scumbags.

Good news that you know who it is though - regardless of what happens with the police, give it a few months then return the favour on their car - the karma universe demands balance. You won't be the only person they have done it to so I doubt it'll make it back to you.

Permabanned
come on OP blaze around their gaff, push poop through letterbox bang on door then boxing stance.
head into living room poop on corner sofa smash up the 80" tv above the fire place with your gucci belt.

winning.

Associate
Plot twist...

It never actually happened and the 'helpful' neighbours have an issue with you and are trying to start something between you and a bunch of lads who will retaliate

;)

Associate
I must be missing something.

I would expect a mark or dent. Trainers would leave sole marks or imprints, unless the car is immaculate (it looks it) but being parked outside (no pollen/dust etc?). I am assuming that said youth likely took a running jump onto the bonnet?

I cant see them walking up and slowly easing themselves onto the bonnet, to the roof? If some youth clambered on top of my car, the roof/bonnet would cave in!

I meant to add - have you looked at the Police crime reports for your town, is there a spate of vandalism (its a month behind but may give you a steer if there is local trouble)?

P.S. It's a lovely car!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I must be missing something.

I would expect a mark or dent. Trainers would leave sole marks or imprints unless the car is immaculate (it looks it) but being parked outside (no pollen/dust etc?). I am assuming that the said youth likely took a running jump onto the bonnet?

I cant see them walking up and slowly easing themselves onto the bonnet, to the roof? If some youth clambered on top of my car, the roof/bonnet would cave in!

P.S. It's a lovely car!

I don't think you're missing anything

Regarding the dust, there is a smooth unbroken covering all over the car

Associate
I think you need to tread carefully as other posters have mentioned.

Inexplicably, I am (if it was me) erring on neighbour envy - its bright 'look at me' motor and sadly, not that I need to say this; some people hate seeing others do well in life.

If you are 100% no damage, I would stand down - humour said neighbours. I would guess if the neighbour has made a fictitious claim, they will be chomping at the bit to see what you do - I would just humour when you next see and not make any accusations etc.

The camera is a good choice irrespective, and not mention its installation to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom