Group of lads jumped on my new car last night

Man of Honour
If they've stood on the car, there will be some scratches or marks, it's virtually impossible to avoid. Dents wise, you might be lucky.

It's more likely they've had a photo taken next to it in order to show off or something.

Associate
I thought this was solved. ;)

Say, you go to the Police, and they do obtain CCTV which only shows a portion of your car.

If they then go to the length of interviewing your neighbours and go to speak with the vandal. At the end of the day, it's one word against another. What can the lads be accused of, there is no damage and limited CCTV?

The officer will likely be scratching their head and take no further action.

If you do press/pursue and it gets to the stage where the officer does have a word, there is a risk you could be inviting trouble. Move on and enjoy your car. :)

Soldato
OP
I thought this was solved. ;)

Say, you go to the Police, and they do obtain CCTV which only shows a portion of your car.

If they then go to the length of interviewing your neighbours and go to speak with the vandal. At the end of the day, it's one word against another. What can the lads be accused of, there is no damage and limited CCTV?

The officer will likely be scratching their head and take no further action.

If you do press/pursue and it gets to the stage where the officer does have a word, there is a risk you could be inviting trouble. Move on and enjoy your car. :)

Yeah that's the conclusion I've reached

Soldato
In your position, if there is no damage to the car, then I'd count my blessings, get decent CCTV installed and put it behind me.

With no damage and no evidence of any real wrongdoing, you risk making things worse if you approach them "half cocked".

Remember, they don't know that you know that they've been up to something, even if you're not sure exactly what. That's a strong position.

Get the CCTV installed and carry on as normal.

Back
Top Bottom