Growing my hair long?

Soldato
seek said:
oh yeah, forgot hippy wasters and goth losers too.

OOO you're still missing me! Bbut... since you are so blatantly throwing insults towards some of my friends, and attempting to do so towards me, i would like to call you for slander. So **** off calling people names for having long hair.

Soldato
badgermonkey said:
OOO you're still missing me! Bbut... since you are so blatantly throwing insults towards some of my friends, and attempting to do so towards me, i would like to call you for slander. So **** off calling people names for having long hair.
how do you know i don't have long hair myself? :p

no need to be so defensive mate.

Soldato
I did the long hair thing years ago and hated it! Hard to manage, takes ages to dry, hot, annoying when it blows all over the place. The day I had it all shaved off was one of the most satisfying ever - if I may be so crude, like having a huge dump after being constipated for days.

If you're used to really short hair I think it will drive you mad.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Malt_Vinegar said:
Has anyone here ever grown out their hair? I have never had it longer than about 4inches in my life, but i have always sorta yearned to grow it. Just to see how i would look?

Any experiences/advice about how to go about it, and deal with my hair whilst its growing, so i dont look too much like a plank in that middle phase.

Im not talking long straight hair, sorta like this...

istockphoto_394861_looking_to_the_waves.jpg

lol

Ive had hair long like that.

Its ok, but its gets messy and gets in your eyes all the time and is hard to control. Plus you get split ends from chewing it when you get bored :o

Grow it down to about you eye brows, its much more controllable and it looks better :)

Soldato
mate unless you are willing to go into isolation for several months while it grows through the middle phase then its not worth it :o

When it start curling below the ears and you end up looking like a 1950s american housewife, then you realise what a bad idea it was.. :o

Soldato
I grew my hair to about the length of that first pic over the last year. Mine was really straight except for the back.
Because it was all so straight the slightest bit of wind made it uneven and look a mess. Also I looked plain stupid wearing suit and tie at work.
So I've had it cut much shorter now, 2-3 inches long. Probs going to get it shorter though, although no doubt I'l change my mind when this heat dies.

As people say it takes ages to get to a length which looks ok, Since your hair is wavy (I presume) it shouldn't look too bad (presuming you don't mind the shaggy look) I looked like I had been stolen from the 60s when I first started growing mine.

Soldato
Im in the middle of growing mine now. Just gone past the 'easy to manage' short stage and now im in the 'cant do any thing with it' stage. I have around 4 months growth.

I get it cut low down on the sides every few weeks which I find helps.

Soldato
To all of you follically challenged gentlemen: yaaarbooosucks! :D
I've had long hair since I left school; (it took a goodly while to grow out an number one undercut) but at one stage it was almost long enough to sit on (took about 5 years to get that long). Now I am 'old' it is a bit shorter (shoulder length) as it requires less attention/doesn't get in the way so much (blokey maintenance- none of this girly hair care stuff). I have considered shaving it all off, especially in this recent hot wheather, but somehow I think the 'bombhead' would bear more than a passing resemblence to the 'rumanian orphan' instead lmao. Still if it ever starts going thin on top it's all coming off - we're having none of that combe-over rubbish, thankyou! :eek: hehe.

Back
Top Bottom