1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

GT330M V HD5650

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by channelmonster, 15 Apr 2010.

1. channelmonster

Associate

So im planning on getting a sony F or E with an i5-520 and one of these graphics cards with 1GB dedicated.

So my question is which is better?

I know the HD5650 has a higher benchmark score than the GT330M.

Hows the gaming on these GPUs? (assassins creed2, splinter cell conviction, mass effect? games like these)

gonna get 4GB of RAM.

Thanks Guys

BTW these are mobile GPU and CPU (Laptops)

Last edited: 15 Apr 2010
  2. d_brennen

Capodecina

Can't imagine either are stellar but in laptop terms the HD5650 should be quite nice and as you say it does score higher on benchies. The games mentioned don't seem to be the most demanding so, correct me if i am wrong, is there a price difference between the two chips?

3. Meaker

Mobster

Each 5650 based notebook can come with a range of core frequencies and memory types and speeds.