GT5: Mickey Take

Caporegime
As I understand it GT PSP ended up taking priority over GT5 in the end - anyway Q1 10 is the first official launch date outside of it being a launch title so happy to wait...

GT5P in all honesty 'ruined' the wait for GT5 for me - like GT PSP without a very long career and licenses it isnt a proper GT game...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Still think they was planning for a late 2009 release but they decided to add/improve to the game. Maybe its also to do with FF13 releasing about the same time im not sure and i expect no one will ever know for sure.
Looking at the feature list of this game, there isnt a driving game close to doing what GT5 is doing. Forza 3 looks good and drives good, i liked the demo and will get this weekend (hopefully), but it doesnt seem to have the driving scope of GT5.
Its taking a long time, they want to make it as good as it can be, and i would rather all devs would release a game thats delayed but finished and not riden with bugs.

Soldato
I was hoping for the GT5 November release rumoured months ago. However, Forza 3 LE on its way which will definately be a worthy alternative till GT5.

I do however think that GT5 will just be the better game though, people will differ, but for me GT games have always been my favourites and i'm GT5 will continue that tradition.

Unlike a lot of games, I think the GT series always show that the lengthy development time has been put to good use.

Associate
I can wait as long as it's worth it.

To be fair though March 2010 was the first official release date. All the other dates was just speculation and rumors afaik.

Soldato
Well new footage and screenshots have popped up today including a Toyota concept car and the Top Gear voted greatest driving road.

I'm only annoyed that they are being so deliberately vague about everything as usual..

Why can't they just tell us the 'outline' features that we'll be getting, with some concrete updates along the way..

Not all this could have/would have/should have 'concept/direction' carp that KY constantly tells us..

Saying all that, I can't wait until it's released, a very good reason for me to get another PS3, and the delay means more time to fully enjoy FM3..

Soldato
I admire them for taking so much pride in their work and not rushing something they are not happy with to market.

They've basically done GT5 from scratch opposed to other developers who constantly tart up last years efforts.

Fully agree.

People moan when games are rushed out and full of problems yet when a dev takes its time to redo everything perfectly, wait for it.... yep, people moan.

Some people are just to hard to please.

Its why I personally believe game releases should always be "it will be released when its finished" rather than estimate.

Soldato
I know... its getting to be a little bit of an industry joke, and I too was thinking the whole game is just vapourware.

I do commend them for wanting the game to be as good as they can get, but at the rate we're going the game will be so dated, that it'll bomb... Which I really do hope it won’t, good things come to those who wait, but not in the games industry. It moves way too quickly to sustain delays of this magnitude.

I remember getting my PS3 with GT5P and whilst the games car handling was very nice, the game is just well boring...!! And it suffered from some noticeable screen tearing, and the lack of damage is now very unforgivable, and I was under the impression that GT5 will not feature crash damage for all models of cars in the full game??? That needs clarification.

There is now nothing to keep me going in regards to GT5 and I’ll take the approach that if the game does turn up, and it delivers then fantastic. And I know I’ll buy it, but if it never does, that I will be very disappointed, or even more so if the game is nothing but steller, and I know I keep looking over with envious eyes at Forza3 and think - shall I just slap my £250 down on the counter and pick up an Xbox 360 Super Elite with Forza 3 in the box and enjoy some racing action as to be honest, I would also love to have played Project Gotham Racing, but its just another box under my TV and its getting crowded as it is...

Back
Top Bottom