GT5: Mickey Take

Soldato
I know... its getting to be a little bit of an industry joke, and I too was thinking the whole game is just vapourware.

I do commend them for wanting the game to be as good as they can get, but at the rate we're going the game will be so dated, that it'll bomb... Which I really do hope it won’t, good things come to those who wait, but not in the games industry. It moves way too quickly to sustain delays of this magnitude.

I remember getting my PS3 with GT5P and whilst the games car handling was very nice, the game is just well boring...!! And it suffered from some noticeable screen tearing, and the lack of damage is now very unforgivable, and I was under the impression that GT5 will not feature crash damage for all models of cars in the full game??? That needs clarification.

There is now nothing to keep me going in regards to GT5 and I’ll take the approach that if the game does turn up, and it delivers then fantastic. And I know I’ll buy it, but if it never does, that I will be very disappointed, or even more so if the game is nothing but steller, and I know I keep looking over with envious eyes at Forza3 and think - shall I just slap my £250 down on the counter and pick up an Xbox 360 Super Elite with Forza 3 in the box and enjoy some racing action as to be honest, I would also love to have played Project Gotham Racing, but its just another box under my TV and its getting crowded as it is...

According to reports GT5 will feature cosmetic and mechanical damage to all cars, cars such as all the NASCAR and WRC will feature things like doors falling off and full deformation of the car.

Soldato
Never really understood peoples obsession with damage in driving games. If you're any good you wont get damaged anyway, and unless you use the trailing view you'd never see it.

Permabanned
Probably ever single race in the world has cars that get damaged from bumping into other people, its the real driving simulator to not have cosmetic and real world engine damage would be silly.

Caporegime
Probably ever single race in the world has cars that get damaged from bumping into other people, its the real driving simulator to not have cosmetic and real world engine damage would be silly.

That's a bit like saying Flight Simulator isn't a flight simulator because you can't blow up skyscrapers.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest racing games that have a damage model makes it more challenging, as I love to try and get the car home without a single dent….. Means more when you watch the reply and you see your car racing around overtaking cleanly and not getting a single dent instead of bumper cars and using barriers and other cars to slow you down and no dents to show this…

GT1 was notorious for being a bumper car game, you used to be able to jump over entire chicanes and hit cars in the side and bounce off and continue in a better race position then what you entered the chicane…. So damage to the car that sees you knock the handling out would make it more challenging..

I’m still very tempted to run out and get an Xbox360 Super Elite Forza 3 package, I really am…. I’m so in need of some decent racing, and its not as if I’ve given my PS3 a good chance, GT5P is too slow and boring until you get the better cars, and then its just boring..

NFS Shift is just too inconsistent. Handling ranges from mediocre to good awful at times.

Dirt 2 and Grid are great, but I want something like Forza or GT3 and Forza 3 from what I’ve seen is just that…. Damn you MS for making Forza 3 an Xbox 360 exclusive…. Its working, I might end up with the machine yet, for a single game.. lol

Back
Top Bottom