GTA IV improved?

Caporegime
Broke loads of games apparently, some can't play the multiplayer, and loads can't even load the game anymore, so got to reinstall it, shame that if you've used up your quota of installs, as you'll be ****** :D

Soldato
Whats the max instal quota set at :confused: As I must have re-installed the game at least 5 or 6 times since release...

Edit:

Product Activation is a one time only online authentication when installing the game. GTA IV has no install limits for the retail disc version of the game, and that version can be installed on an unlimited number of PCs by the retail disk owner.

You will only need to authenticate the retail disk once per Windows account per machine. Even if you uninstall and re-install the game, it will not have to be re-authenticated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shame MP is dead on GTA4 i really enjoyed it and fancied a go, it's still extremely active on GTA:SA. I just checked how many people were online on GTA:SA and I nearly fell off my chair. There is currently 6961 players online.

:o

Guess everyone is playing San Andreas.

Soldato
I'm not too impressed with the AA mod. Whilst it does look better, it does cause a fair fps hit and considering I don't know what settings it's using it's hard to tell whether it's actually any good or not, plus the res is awful. I find it doesn't look much worse with everything on high/medium @ 1680*1050. And I'm still getting 55fps in the benchmark.

And for people who want to know about Crossfire it makes little difference, in fact it creates a performance hit as it's then got to use the cpu to split the data between the 2 cards and in a cpu heavy game that doesn't help.

Associate
I know anyone here will shoot me for saying this. But I actually think it looks good on ps3. Yes it's blurry but it gives it a nice soft focus effect, which imo looks more natural. It also runs really nicely.

It looks and runs like a pos on my pc though. And my pc manages to run everything else fine. A game which requires a quad would be fine, if every other game does. But if you think im gonna buy a quad just for this game, you have another thing coming :)

Soldato
Yeah and u gota navigate and all that bull...

About the AA mod, i dont use it cos i lose the gps map which i need cos without it im totally lost in the city as its too unfamiliar to me.

Associate
Shame MP is dead on GTA4 i really enjoyed it and fancied a go, it's still extremely active on GTA:SA. I just checked how many people were online on GTA:SA and I nearly fell off my chair. There is currently 6961 players online.

:o

Guess everyone is playing San Andreas.

I know, but I don't understand why it's s dead. It's not that old yet.

Associate
Wondering if anyone could help me with the AA mod, i have extracted it into the root folder in Steam but the game crashes after displaying the Rockstar logo. I have an i7 920 @ 4Ghz and a GTX280, Vista 64-bit.

Back
Top Bottom