GTA San Andreas Multiplayer Guide

Soldato
Digital said:
SA:MP 0.1 out now! :D :D

well i just downloaded it and the hit detection is non existant. shooting someone in the head point blank range with a desert eagle and their life bar didn't even drop a bit. repeated shots had no effect. i think i'll leave this to mature a little longer. :)

Associate
that happened with me too, but the character i was aiming at was walking non stop in a corner, so i assumed he/she was bugged.

Generally hit detection seems good, but i cant really say until i can get a sniper rifle and shoot ppl from range.

Associate
marc2003 said:
well i just downloaded it and the hit detection is non existant. shooting someone in the head point blank range with a desert eagle and their life bar didn't even drop a bit. repeated shots had no effect. i think i'll leave this to mature a little longer. :)

Could be that they're cheating, as it is possible.

Soldato
marc2003 said:

i had the same with some people. for example, there was one player that was just standing there not doing anything. i shot him in the head and the bar didn't go down. another example, im duelling vs a player i shot him in the head x amount of times and the bar didn't decrease! yet he/she could hit me fine.. :(

also, how do people spawn vehicles? ive seen people just stop and a vehicle falls down right infront of them.

Soldato
KadreMoD said:
Apparently one of the trainers for gta:sa works for sa:mp. Infinite money and the ability to spawn cars.

ahh! so many people do it though, it seems as if its normal. cheating sucks!

im always in the littlewhitey server - ingame nick kuja :)

Soldato
marc2003 said:

ok i've changed my mind about this. the reason i thought it sucked was because the 'venturas dm' map that is running on most servers is crap. only 1 weapon to start (a desert eagle :() and you lose all money when you die.....

but then i discovered the 'san fierro tdm' map and you get more money and decent weapons to start with. you can be killling people and making money within minutes. bit buggy, it crashes once or twice an hour for me but is great fun. :D

Soldato
Bump.

I'm playing SA-MP atm and I'm loving it! I've seen people mention problems with hit sync and people spawning vechiles. Well the hit sync is dodgy but it's only bad on laggy players, other players though seem to sync reasonably nice. Perhaps if they implemented server scripts kicking people with a ping above 150 it might work generally a bit better.

People who witnessed others spawning vechiles have probably confused it with lag (although I do believe there is a trainer). It's something to do with the vechiles being loaded last and laggy players. The vechile disapears on your screen (I assume when you can't actually see it) then when you look at the laggy people, it appears a vechile has spawned infront of them when it never really disapeared.

Associate
It IS good fun, esp when you get a group of ppl, but the mod shop crashes, and more significantly, the random crashes really got on my nerves too much. Would be fine if server saved your data, but you're starting from scratch after every crash :(

Soldato
Yeah it does get annoying. On littlewhiteys server you can actually bank money and it does save it for about 2 minutes so you can get back in with some cash.

Back
Top Bottom