GTA4- Lost & The Damned-DLC- Coming to PC very soon!

Soldato
Apologies for the thread bumpage but when I see that well known high street game vendor is taking pre-orders for this and has it being highlighted on their main page as coming soon. I had no idea it was coming out for the PC at all.

Permabanned
Another week to go then, I am on the fence about this at the moment.

Do we know, if you already have GTA IV, will you need to install this in its entirety, given that it must make use of much of the same assets?

Permabanned
Indeed but I thought it might include the option to perform a more lightweight install, if you have the original game - it would make sense to me. I bet it doesn't though.

Soldato
Indeed but I thought it might include the option to perform a more lightweight install, if you have the original game - it would make sense to me. I bet it doesn't though.

Ahh, I get you now. Yeah - That would make sense and be a nice option. For those that still have it installed that is.

I know that I don't have more than two or three of the latest games installed at any one time. When I've finished a game I generally uninstall it. Seems pedantic but I like keeping my system clean and tidy although there's nothing to suggest having loads of games installed at once makes any difference, mind. :cool:

Soldato
i was well cheesed off when this got delayed. it was supposed to be out on the 30th march. :mad:

i wonder if it's been optimised at all. the original didn't run too well on my pc (see sig :o). but i don't care - i'm still buying it. this is one franchise that is guaranteed a sale with me. :D

Soldato
I got a very similar spec to you and I get quite bad performance too although still can't stop playing it at the moment. Think I may give this a bash.

Man of Honour
Very rare that I see standalone games have a lightweight install, apart from anything else the publishers probably view it as a waste of QA effort. As in, they don't want to have to throw resources at testing 'upgrade' installations in addition to clean installs, when it isn't going to earn them any extra sales. Not to mention the additional development cost etc.

Back
Top Bottom