• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTAV performance thread.

Soldato
I have a MSI 290 Gaming card Clocked 1100mhz GPU - 1300mhz Memory,

on AMD 8350 it would be 60fps, then randomly drop to 45fps causing a stutter, settings on high, AA off, now i have a i7 6700k same graphics and settings, its rock solid at 60fps, my monitor is 60hz so have vsync on and its super smooth, i even upped to max settings with AA off, still runs great,

its like a got a new graphics card, the AMD CPU was bottlenecking it

Caporegime
Just upgraded to Win10 and my smooth 60fps GTAV has become unplayable with SLI. Runs at 60fps, then stutters and hits very bad fps for a while. I've had to disable SLI and drop the quality down :( :(

Any workarounds for Win10 SLI?

If it's any consolation i see some stuttering on CrossFire too in this title on Windows 10, though 8.1 was better. I'm just not convinced that this game, under DirectX 11, plays 100% nicely in multi gpu.

Last edited:
Soldato
Since going win10 performance has definitely been patchy. Any combat stutters even though the fps counter is hovering around 100fps, driving is generally OK with the odd hitch.

Caporegime
Terrible for me on Win 7 64bit, 2x Furys, constant stuttering, if i alt+tab out, back in, its doing around 13fps, before climbing right back up again to around 70/80+, but constanly just goes up and down between those and 40 (and still constant suttering), also says ive got 16768832 MB in the main menu, using the 15.7 WHQLs. :(

Soldato
Windows 10 has brought me higher FPS, and enabled me to use higher settings whilst holding 60 fps, but brought me way more problems thats its worth, im seriously thinking bought going back to windows 7, everything was working perfect there.

Tis a shame cause i can use 4xmsaa with max settings cept grass on win 10, but on win 7 i have to knock it down to 2xmsaa to prevent fps drops when its raining.

Soldato
If it's any consolation i see some stuttering on CrossFire too in this title on Windows 10, though 8.1 was better. I'm just not convinced that this game, under DirectX 11, plays 100% nicely in multi gpu.

Works fine for me now in xfire. I just did a clean win 10 install and now it doesn't stutter at all.

Associate
I seem to bet getting pretty hefty FPS drops whenever I'm up in the desert area when playing as Trevor. Performance in the city is perfect with a solid 60FPS but whenever I'm up the top adaptive V-sync is kicking me down to 30FPS.

GPU usage is hovering around 80% and using 4.5GB of my 6GB. Is there a particular setting that is causing the FPS to tank? Everything is pretty much maxed bar MSAA as that cause a massive drop in performance.

Soldato
I seem to bet getting pretty hefty FPS drops whenever I'm up in the desert area when playing as Trevor. Performance in the city is perfect with a solid 60FPS but whenever I'm up the top adaptive V-sync is kicking me down to 30FPS.

GPU usage is hovering around 80% and using 4.5GB of my 6GB. Is there a particular setting that is causing the FPS to tank? Everything is pretty much maxed bar MSAA as that cause a massive drop in performance.

Have you disabled vsync in game??

Alt + Tab out when in game helps the 30 FPS issue. Also grass on max tanks performance in the desert.

Soldato
Hi, im pretty pleased how this runs on my MSI 290 Gaming Card, which i overclocked to GPU 1100mhz / Memory 13000

with everything maxed out at 1080p , just advanced off and turned Grass quality to very high, i get solid 60fps never drops so very happy how the r290 copes with it, as soon i put on 2x AA , it can drop to 45fps, mostly still stays on 60fps, i can see when its at 45fps just doesn't feel smooth,

i don't really see any difference in graphics between FXA and AA

just wondering if any of you guyz have AA off, and notice any difference in the graphics, i rather have smooth play

Thanks

Soldato
New Nvidia drivers have helped with GTA again in windows 10, pretty amazing.

Currently got all settings on max with the exception of:

Reflection MSAA is off
MSAA is on x4
Grass is on High

But I do have sweetfx injecting SMAA in at the same time.

Also got vsync off in game, but adaptive vsync on via NVidia control panel.
Rocking 60fps constant - temps are about 65 degrees on both my 770's.

Soldato
I have FXAA on and use vsr it run the game at 1440p, gives better performance than using MSAA IMO but still gets rid of the Jaggies.

You may have to lower shadows a notch to keep the minimums close to 60FPS

Associate
Since going win10 performance has definitely been patchy. Any combat stutters even though the fps counter is hovering around 100fps, driving is generally OK with the odd hitch.

I've been getting stuttering since Ill-Gotten Gains 2 (1.28 I think the patch was) in combat, on Windows 8.1.. So it's definitely not Windows 10's fault. I'm not the only one with said issue too.

Sad thing is it ruined my experience with the game entirely, and it's still not fixed.

Caporegime
My GTA problems the memory being all out of whack i reckon, as with everything on its lowest setting, it says im using under 3Gb, runs smooth as a babys bum, but as soon as i up some settings, to break the 4Gb barrier, its unplayable, a stuttering hitching mess, so i have to play it with everything off, lowest it can go, as even when i just pop the Texture Quality to V High, i get a slight stutter, as it reports just under the 4Gb, then any other setting i put up after that, it steams past 4Gb used, stutters and hitches like crazy.

Anyone got any ideas ?

This is what i mean, check the memory used/available, its all out of whack, even though its the exact same settings, exact same drivers.

290X :-

GTA5_2015_07_25_20_12_15_541.jpg

Furys :-

GTA5_2015_08_14_18_45_36_636.jpg

The furys at the same exact settings as my 290X, are using more memory, and have way more available, also notice, the memory bar, is not even filling/filled.

Last edited:
Caporegime
GTA V ******* SORTED! :D :D :D

Memory available ingame menu, is now only 8192 MB, and still says im using 6944 MB, but, when increasing/decreasing settings, the memory bar is filling/unfilling, so even though it says im using 6944 MB still, its fine, as memory bar isn't full :D

Woohoo!!!

EDIT: I downed the 15.7.1s from the Fury downloads section, as they now seperate from the 2s. :p

Updating me drivers sorted it, its bloody flying :p

Back
Top Bottom